More Christmas Presents...

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
TomWS
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: OB Lead 1010, Mach3; OB C-Beam 1060 grbl

More Christmas Presents...

Post by TomWS »

I couldn't resist doing the Maze posted this month. I attached with screws and recessed the acrylic so the screw heads wouldn't scratch the furniture. Otherwise pretty much as posted in this month's newsletter.
Maze.jpg
Then there was the Christmas pack that provided the base for this year's batch of annual ornaments...
sjp_back.jpg
ThreeOrnaments.jpg

scotttarnor
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha XL , Shark HD520

Re: More Christmas Presents...

Post by scotttarnor »

Very nice work!
I really like the finish on the maze, That wood looks awesome!
Scott T

@scottscnc

Luvtocarve
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Next Wave Piranha XL

Post by Luvtocarve »

Very nice work. I’m betting that maze gets a workout at your gathering and for years to come. Beautiful ornaments too!
Steve Harp
Wadsworth, Ohio USA
www.trlw.us

TomWS
Vectric Wizard

Post by TomWS »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments.

LOL on the Maze wood selection. I cut the raw wood off a piece that has been sitting in my loft for years. I bought a very expensive piece of figured cherry online only to discover that the SOB who listed it had shown only top views (from different ends) of the heartwood side. The flip side is almost all sapwood! Grrr! In any case, it's been wanting an application and this was the first chance to start consuming it!

Too bad you can't see the first ornament in person. I needed something quickly (baby was born on Dec. 20) and found this chunk in my cut off box. When I saw the figuring I knew why I hadn't thrown it away, despite all the cracks in it! This thing shimmers like crazy! Very appropriate.

Thanks again and have very happy (and safe!) holidays!

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Hello Tom...

WOW... your maze looks so nice (I love to say this... looks better than my original one... :0 ). The addition of the screws and the thought put into how to make it so they would not scratch the surface it sits on is perfect!!! I did not really like the result of the glue I used so this update is "spot on"! I do hope it did get a good workout over the holidays. I'm sure it will become a much-loved game for many years to come!

The ornaments look amazing, so glad to see that free D&M project getting used. It is one of those timeless ones that can be used for all sorts of Christmas occasions - first Christmas in a new home, being married, new arrival of any type (2 or 4 legged), or a way to remember someone that is missing in person but not in our hearts.

Thanks so much for taking the time to create this post... Happy New year!

---------------------------
In case someone reading this needs the links...

Free Two-Sided maze project - viewtopic.php?f=41&t=38850
Free D&M Christmas Project - https://store.designandmake.com/shop/product/41
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

TomWS
Vectric Wizard

Post by TomWS »

Todd, Thanks for your comments! Coming from you, they mean a lot to me!

As you can see from my other recent posts in Gallery, this has been a V-Carve year for making presents and it's been a blast! I'm coming up on my first anniversary of buying V-Carve. I wasn't certain I'd get enough use out of V-Carve to justify getting it, but a good friend talked me into trying it. I'm VERY glad he did!

Now all I need to do is figure out what to do with the other 599 steel balls I had to buy to get the one for the Maze! :D

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

LOL Tom!!! I have the same problem!!!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com