Wedding sign

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
jtb223
Model of CNC Machine: cnc router

Re: Wedding sign

Post by jtb223 »

Great work. Thanks so much for posting the file. One question; where do you get your fonts. I've found the Edwardian script but the ampersand is different from yours.

thanks again.

Jim

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3 XL

Post by wb9tpg »

It installed itself with a Microsoft product I had installed. Microsoft has a typography site that will show you which products it comes with and it gives you the option to buy the font from Microsoft if you need it.
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

jprimus
Model of CNC Machine: shark hd 4 extended bed

Post by jprimus »

I am new to CNC/Vectric, etc. Stupid question but how do I install the fonts? When I tried to add them via the control panel on the laptop it doesn't recognize the font. I can open the entire project with VCarve but not sure how to use the fonts.

Thanks for any help!

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

See the FAQ: How can I add more fonts?

How can I add more fonts?
Additional True Type and Open Type fonts (.TTF) can be obtained from many sources and available to use once the font has been properly installed the Windows Font Directory and the program restarted.

This is not hard to do and typically if you right click on the font file, it will give you the option to install the font. If that option is not available, the exact process can be found in the Help Document for your version of Windows.

The included Single Line Fonts are installed during the program's installation and cannot be changed or added to.
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

jprimus

Post by jprimus »

Thank you for your response! It appears that the file she uploaded was a CRV file so can't install the typical way for fonts. So I'm not really sure how to use her file, were you able to see the file she sent? It stated that she had the "fonts" all fixed so I guess I'm a little unsure if it actually downloadable fonts.

jprimus

Post by jprimus »

by wb9tpg » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:06 pm
Hand paint with acrylic and wipe off the rest with a damp rag. The entire surface had several layers of Shellac before I painted.

60 degree Whiteside V-Bit. The font is Edwardian Script with Bold setting on. The Block Letter was originally Goudy.

The most difficult part was issues with the Vectors. Both those fonts have tons of errors and overlaps. You must "Convert to Curves" all the fonts and then fix the errors, adjust the spacing manually (for Edwardian Script) and then Weld the characters together. Then "Check Vectors" 10 million times and fix the errors.

I've a template file I'll upload that has the entire Goudy Alphabet already converted and Fixed with each letter on its own layer. The template still needs some finishing touches.

I wish a Gadget allowed me to replace the contents of a Text Box. That would allow me to build a gadget to automate some of the process.

Enjoy.
Attachments
Goudy Marriage Template.zip
Marriage Template Zip File
(2.57 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
wb9tpg

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Post by Rcnewcomb »

The original poster provided the file which has the letters as vectors.

If you want to load the Goudy typeface as a font you would need to download it from a site such as 1001fonts: Goudy Initialen Font

- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

jprimus

Post by jprimus »

Thank you!

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

wb9tpg wrote:
RobertD wrote:wb9tpg

Great Work really like the design and finish. A very personal gift. One question is the floral block and letter at the left part of the template or is it added in from the clipart library??

Bob
It's part of the characters in that font.

What font species would that be? Something that awesome must be a purchased font?

wb9tpg
Vectric Wizard

Post by wb9tpg »

ezurick wrote:
wb9tpg wrote:
RobertD wrote:wb9tpg

Great Work really like the design and finish. A very personal gift. One question is the floral block and letter at the left part of the template or is it added in from the clipart library??

Bob
It's part of the characters in that font.

What font species would that be? Something that awesome must be a purchased font?
Goudy Initialen and it's free from DAfont site ==> https://www.dafont.com/goudy-initialen.font
Gary Mitchell
Kentucky, USA

bolingerbe
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: MechMate

Post by bolingerbe »

Very Nice Work