So this was my first Vectric meeting and I wasn't disappointed.
There are just a couple things I would change.
1) Distribute the USB contents to registered participants 1-2 weeks prior to the meeting via their Portal accounts. I say this because I copied some of the videos to my phone and watched them on the way to the meeting on the 2nd day. This really helped me grasp the material because I was seeing it the "2nd" time during the presentation.
2) Since this was the largest meeting so far (350 users), it was hard to see the speakers if you were too far from the stage. Maybe they could have a seperate camera and screen for that purpose.
3) We all got a swag bag, but maybe Vectric could have a little extra something for users who upgrade
to the latest version during
the meeting? I know they give extra clipart to anyone upgrading to 10 regardless. But the users that attend these meetings should get something that's only available if you upgrade during the meeting. I upgraded after seeing all of the features presented during day 1 anyway. But it would just be a nice extra if they added something that was exclusive to that meeting.
Although I don't have anywhere near the experience as some users at the meeting, my favorite sessions where:
1) Level clipping and Composition with Todd - Really wish it would have been longer.
2) Spilling the beans on text effects with Edward - So many good shortcuts. I've practiced this twice so far. The kerning tool is one of my favorites.
3) Great American Sign Automatal with Gary Johnson
4) Pictures & Textures with Edward
5) Slot Together Christmas Project with Todd (Offset out, in, in, out).
As soon as I catch up on paperwork, I'm going to be practicing more of these tutorials! And that is the best takeaway....Inspiration!