jay pieper
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: laguna swift 4x4

Corian Inlay

Post by jay pieper »

[
attachment=1]IMG_2109[508].JPG[/attachment]
IMG_2108[509].JPG
Been working with the different ways to do inlays I have to give a shout out to FIX IT MIKE, I found his knowledge on the subject very helpful in solving some of the issues I was having during assembly. I found working with solid surface material is very similar to working with wood with a few exceptions. being new to the CNC world I have found this forum very useful.
Attachments
IMG_2109[508].JPG

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Corian Inlay

Post by mtylerfl »

Very good, Jay! Thank you for posting!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

I don't understand. You carved out some corian and inserted into a carved pocket? A bit more details of how you did it would help. Thanks.

jay pieper
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: laguna swift 4x4

Post by jay pieper »

Carved a pocket for the inlay in the first piece the female part, then did a mirror copy the male part to inlay in the first piece.
Used the same tools you would use to do inlay in wood.
I used Rapid Fuse A DAP product to glue the two parts together it sets in 30 seconds so be ready to work quickly, I built a press to put the two
parts together with a small amount of pressure, make sure to press evenly so the inlay dos not shift and leave a gap on one side (done that) it sucks.
Check the forum on inlay techniques there is some really good information out there hope I helped a little