3D Carve for Granddaughter

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Re: 3D Carve for Granddaughter

Post by highpockets »

Don,

Aspire is a great tool and I've been pleased with having it ever since I made the decision to upgrade from VCP. That being said Aspire isn't for everyone nor is it necessary to do some fantastic projects.
If you have the trial version of Aspire I'd recommend spending some time going through the Vectric tutorials specific to Aspire then make your decision.
What kind of picture are you trying to create a 3D model of? Post the picture if you can.....
John
Maker of Chips

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

hardidon wrote:Translating a picture to 3d in my mind is just not computing.
You're right.

See this excellent thread and tutorial from Michael:
http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... ilit=santa
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

hardidon
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by hardidon »

John,
This is the picture that i am wanting to do for my grandson, that i have tried to make vectors from and then just look at the mess and say “Wha-a-a-at??” artistic i am not.
Attachments
D4CE0CF5-FF5D-4800-B538-A5F22F74028E.png
Don Hardin
Lewisville, Texas

highpockets
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: PDJ Pilot Pro

Post by highpockets »

Don,

Nice picture, but very ambitious for a first project, you are doomed to complete frustration in my opinion.

My advise is to watch and follow along with the tutorials put out by Vectric on creating 3D models. LittleGreyMan posted a link to one of Michael's great tutorials on creating a 3D model. I'd suggest working through his tutorial also. Gain some confidence and understanding of 3D modeling first.

Also the picture is very low resolution, it will be hard to get good detail.

Good luck.
John
Maker of Chips

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

highpockets wrote:Also the picture is very low resolution, it will be hard to get good detail.
I'd say image quality is indeterminate as this is a phone screen-capture of a viewing of the original image.

The question I would have is why create something from the image represented? It looks as if that might be an image of a 3D model. Why not get the 3D model and save all the trouble of recreating it from scratch?

For that matter how are you going to model it in 3D in VCarve?

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Don't sweat it, some people [like me] go for years and years without putting in the effort required to be pro efficient at making 3d models. I have rudimentary 3d skills and will likely stay that way for the foreseeable future. I would go with the advise of adze and try to track down the stl of that model, no shame in using someone else work, they get compensated for their efforts when you buy it.

BTW, your battery is low !
Doug