FREE Project: Make your own Art Work

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

FREE Project: Make your own Art Work

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey All!

This month’s project takes me back to my days at Art School, one of my favourite processes was Printmaking, and with a CNC to hand, the process of making your own art is pretty easy and fun! It's a great way to bring art into any space. In the video i show you how to setup the file for printing, and show you the printing process :) Obviously as art is very subjective you don't have to use my example, but the process is there for you to try with your own photos/art :)

Project Link:
https://release.vectric.com/artwork-print-block/

I hope you like it and HAPPY MAKING! :)

Thanks,
Attachments
IMG_4679.JPG
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

Savannahdan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Axiom AR8

Re: FREE Project: Make your own Art Work

Post by Savannahdan »

Thanks, Beki. Still renovating my shop and haven't been able to cut anything lately. Electrician was supposed to come yesterday to finish the wiring from the sub-panel and had to postpone. He's a good guy so it's okay. I have an old typing table that I might use this project on. BTW, saw a clip last night where a fellow invented a dartboard that moves when you throw the dart so that you get a bullseye each time. It was crazy to watch.

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Post by mikeacg »

Beki,

Love it! Used to do quite a bit of block printing back in school. My favorite substrate was 1/4" tempered masonite as it was fairly inexpensive, available in sheets up to 4'x8', easy to carve by hand with linoleum cutting tools, and had no apparent grain. Just think - we can do perfectly registered printing blocks with out machines! Is that not amazing?

Pierre-Luc over at PLA3D Carving is printing Tshirts using the block method. Pretty impressive stuff!

https://www.facebook.com/PLA3DCarving/p ... =3&theater

For some more inspiration, there is a place in Nashville, TN that celebrates the history of the Letterpress that you might like to visit on your next trip over the pond:

https://hatchshowprint.com/

Keep thinking outside the box!

Mike

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hey SavannahDan! Good luck with finishing up your shop! I bet you can't wait to get making! Lol, I've seen that dart board its crazy! You'll have to post up pics of your makes when your shop is up and running!
Hey Mike! Thank you! That's awesome that you used to do printing at school, its such a fun process! T-Shirts is a neat idea! I'd like to try tote bags too!
That exhibition looks great! Funnily enough Nashville is on my list of places to visit, so you never know I might make it one there one day! :)
Thanks for your kind comments :)
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.