Different Projects from the Freebie Files

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Different Projects from the Freebie Files

Post by meflick »

I have previously indicated that I am a newbie here on the forum, to the software and to a CNC machine. I have been going through tutorials, the free projects, etc. trying to learn what I can. I learn best by watching and then doing and "absorbing" information from the forum, and seeing others files, etc. As a result, I have been "playing" when I can with some of the free files that have been shared by Vectric and users as well. With each project I have made mistakes, learned new things, and had frustration! :wink: I share these here for a few reasons - (1) to say thanks to Vectric, Michael, and those who provide the free files for us to use and create with (2) to show them that someone is in fact using them and learning from them and (3) to hopefully encourage others to use the files and learn from them.

Here are some more things that I have done recently. (I have recently shown some tablet holders I did based on Beki's file she created and shared and another we created ourselves from a SVG file.) Again, thanks to everyone who has shared files and information as I and others appreciate it more than you will know.
The snowman was one of the first free files from Vectric that I tried.  It was suppose to be a tray. I failed to set the Z correctly to cut the middle of the top all the way through.  I think he makes a good decoration anyway this way.
The snowman was one of the first free files from Vectric that I tried. It was suppose to be a tray. I failed to set the Z correctly to cut the middle of the top all the way through. I think he makes a good decoration anyway this way.
The second is the Pineapple tray. He is cut from red oak from Lowes. The bottom of the tray is not "smooth" I think it was the tool I used but it still works! :wink:
Pineapple Tray also a free project from Vectric.
Pineapple Tray also a free project from Vectric.
The next one is the Precious Notions box (round box with carved lid). I learned several things of what NOT to do with this one. But I was still able to "save" it so that it worked. I have not put any finish on it. I forget what wood was used. :oops:
Precious Notions Box also a free project from Vectric.
Precious Notions Box also a free project from Vectric.
The next one is the Cake Pedestal. I believe the wood I used was simply poplar from the big box store. I had my husband turn the middle pole rather than use a simple plain piece of dowel cut down. I put a food safe finish on it. This was my "sample" try. I really want to try it with a piece of cherry soon. :D
The Cake Pedestal which is also a free project from Vectric.
The Cake Pedestal which is also a free project from Vectric.
Another picture of my Yummy Cake Pedestal
Another picture of my Yummy Cake Pedestal
Finally, this last one is the latest project I have worked on. It is a "Bread Board" that was cut and carved out. It is cut from Wormy Maple with a food grade finish put on it. It is a gift to go with a matching set of salt and pepper shakes that my husband turned to give as a gift. This was a free file that I found here on the forum. The file I used was provided by Zeeway (Angie) in this thread here: http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... ad#p110021 As you can see, mine is pretty much identical to what Angie did with the initial and the wording. However, Angie's version was a modified version of one that tmerrill (Tim) originally provided of his that included a spot for a dipping bowl on the end. Tim's original thread and file can be found here: http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.phpf ... ting+board I would like to thank both users for kindly sharing their files for others to use and learn from as well. If you look completely through Tim's thread, you will find files and other ideas/changes some made in his. For Angie's file, she modified it a bit after the 1st post so go down to get the last file she shared. Also note, some of these files may not have the tool paths in them (I forget which ones). Even if there are tool paths, you should always remember that you need to recalculate them based on your equipment being used to avoid any problems big or small! :wink:
Bread Board from files from Zeeway and tmerrill on forum as listed
Bread Board from files from Zeeway and tmerrill on forum as listed
The files and Directions for the Snowman, the Pineapple Tray, the Precious Notions Box and Tye Yummy Cake Pedestal (all of which I believe are created by Michael Tyler for Vectric to share) can be found here: http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects.html
Last edited by meflick on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Different Projects from the Freebie Files

Post by mtylerfl »

All look great! Thank you very much for sharing the photos and personal experience! I don't think we can call you a "newbie" anymore!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

Very good start..... Nice projects. You're definitely over the newbie stage.

meflick
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4

Post by meflick »

Thank you both for the kind words. Believe me, newbie still applies but by using the tutorials and free projects, I at leasrpt feel comfortable now with the basics. Much more to learn though.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

Yes we all are still learning! Welcome to the club!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC