Wall Mount PC Frame

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Mobius
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CRP Pro 4848 Custom Build

Re: Wall Mount PC Frame

Post by Mobius »

Bill_L wrote:Would you be willing to share with us a description of the different components and where one might acquire them?

Bill
I can definitely share the components I used for mine, I'll dig out my receipts and make a list. Truthfully though, there are countless choices and options for the different parts, depending on budget, locale, aesthetics and performance requirements.

Are you familiar with assembling a PC from separate components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM, PSU, HDDs and SSDs, etc)?
Connor Bredin
Distinctive Dimensional Concepts Ltd.
www.distinctive-concepts.ca

Todd Bailey
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CraftCNC

Post by Todd Bailey »

Very... Very Cool!!!! Nice work. Very inspiring!
------------------------------------
Todd Bailey | Design and Make
DesignAndMake.com

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Post by Bill_L »

I'm familiar with the standard components and have recently constructed two desktops that work flawlessly. Being new at it I'm constantly looking to increase my knowledge in this area as I'll bet most of our forum members are as well.

I'm particularly anxious to find out about the yellow tubing and how you incorporated that.

Again, a really creative work of art!

Bill

Mobius
Vectric Wizard

Post by Mobius »

Bill_L wrote:I'm familiar with the standard components and have recently constructed two desktops that work flawlessly. Being new at it I'm constantly looking to increase my knowledge in this area as I'll bet most of our forum members are as well.

I'm particularly anxious to find out about the yellow tubing and how you incorporated that.

Again, a really creative work of art!

Bill
Sounds good, I will post up a list tonight.
Connor Bredin

Mobius
Vectric Wizard

Post by Mobius »

This is a list of the particular components I used in this build. Keep in mind that these parts are what suited my particular build and budget. There are countless other ways I could have gone.

- Motherboard: ASUS TUF Sabertooth X99. I picked this one mostly because of the plastic and aluminum 'armor' crap that it comes with. The specifications of the board were similar to others I was looking at, but the decorative bits were the starting point for the theme I ended up with. Purchased through Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/ASUS-SABERTOOTH-X ... B00VUK54F0

- CPU: Intel i7 6800k. Fit the motherboard and my budget. Link: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... wAodqaoDnQ

- RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB sticks) Ballistix Tactical DDR4. I was looking for 32GB of RAM, as lack of RAM was an issue with my last computer. This fit my budget, motherboard, performance requirements, and color scheme. Link: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01GZ1SUHW/ref ... nkCode=df0

- Power Supply: 650W Antec. This was pulled from my previous computer, and was sufficient for this one. Can be purchased at any computer part retailer (Amazon, Newegg, NCIX, etc.).

- The power/reset buttons were salvaged from my previous computer.

- Video Card: 2 x EVGA GTX1060 Founders Edition. These suited my price range, and they have water-cooling blocks readily available. Only 1 card is installed, the second one hasn't arrived yet (2nd card boosts gaming/video encoding/rendering ability). Link: https://www.amazon.ca/EVGA-GeForce-Foun ... B01GLRX81I

- Storage: 2 x Kingston HyperX 128GB SSDs in RAID 0. These came from my old computer, I installed them on my new computer for extra storage. The two, 128GB hard drives are combined together to make one, 256GB hard drive. Combining them in this fashion boosts their performance as the data is split between the 2 drives, allowing it to be accessed faster. The downside is that if one fails, all data on both is lost. I don't keep any thing important on them though, so I'm not concerned.

There is also a Intel 512GB PCI-E M.2 Hard Drive which is used as my main storage device (Windows, ect). It clips into a special port on the motherboard, and can't be seen because of the plastic decorative crap. It is FAST. Windows loads in under 10 seconds, and like 3 seconds if it is only 'sleeping'. SSD hard drives are King, the performance boost for day to day activites is night and day. I can't go back to magnetic drives.

Cooling: The radiator, fans, reservior, pump, waterblocks, tubing, coolant and fittings were purchased through a company called EK Water Blocks. I believe they are based out of Slovakia. https://www.ekwb.com/ Everything is specific to the other parts I had purchased, as well as the amount of heat I expected to produce. They have a nice configurator which is helpful to walk you though what parts you need for your system.

They aren't the only place to purchase water-cooling parts. There are plenty of other companies like Bitspower and Alphacool who also provide such parts.

To answer your question Bill_L, the tubing is called PETG. It is actually a hard, clear, acrylic like tubing. It is easy to cut, and easy to bend once you apply a little heat to it. The yellow comes from the pastel coolant additive I combined with distilled water to make the coolant for my system. There are tons of options for colors, ranging from opaque pastel colors to bright UV reactive ones.

They aren't the only place to purchase water-cooling parts. There are plenty of other companies like Bitspower and Alphacool who also provide such parts.

There is information abound on the internet on water-cooling and custom computers. YouTube has plenty of tutorials and videos, and forums like overclock.net have tons of information and pictures as well.

Edit: Yes, I spelt reservior wrong on the picture, and I don't feel like changing it :)
Connor Bredin

Bill_L
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha

Post by Bill_L »

Thanks again for sharing. Truly outstanding.

Bill

joeporter
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot Buddy Standard

Post by joeporter »

It's the drain cock that sets it off! That's why I thought this was a non-working display. At the end of the day, you just drain it's brain out and put in a cool place for the night and pour it back in in the morning. As you may be able to figure out by now, I am not on the cutting edge of technology, but learn new stuff all the time...Really nice model and just "Out There" for all to see. Look forward to future projects.....joe

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Post by calgrdnr »

Most excellent dude :D

Been wanting to do this for long time yours looks so much better than what I was thinking....

I am wondering are you getting any RF interference with FM radio ?

When I fire up control PC for my Shopbot ( no top I get interference to my FM ( Shopbot controller makes it worse)

I want to make HTPC mounted on the wall but also want Tuner to work through Surround Receiver ( Sherwood Newcastle R-965 nice old unit )
is the shielding on MB just for looks ? OK I will read about it . Again Fantastic Job :D :D

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

WOW - yes that is really cool
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Mobius
Vectric Wizard

Post by Mobius »

calgrdnr wrote:Most excellent dude :D

Been wanting to do this for long time yours looks so much better than what I was thinking....

I am wondering are you getting any RF interference with FM radio ?

When I fire up control PC for my Shopbot ( no top I get interference to my FM ( Shopbot controller makes it worse)

I want to make HTPC mounted on the wall but also want Tuner to work through Surround Receiver ( Sherwood Newcastle R-965 nice old unit )
is the shielding on MB just for looks ? OK I will read about it . Again Fantastic Job :D :D
The shielding on the motherboard is all plastic, so just for looks. I couldn't tell you about the FM radio, I don't own one that doesn't come with a vehicle attached.
Connor Bredin