Pepper Grinders

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Pepper Grinders

Post by blmac5 »

Playing around with the rotary attachment. This is a style of peppermill that I make for a spice store that carry some if my items. I thought it would be nice if I could do some engraving on them. Fleur-de-lis are a big seller on just about anything, so I put a couple of Fleur-de-lis on one and then filled in with the coffee grounds and CA glue. I wanted to put three Fleur-de-lis evenly spaced around the peppermill, but when it started engraving, they came out all skewed. Not sure what the problem was, but when I did just one, it looked just fine. Then, I rotated the mill 180 degrees, and did another.

Bobby
Louisiana
Attachments
20161227_214700.jpg
20161227_214728.jpg

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Re: Pepper Grinders

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Nice looking mills... Where do you get the mechanicals? Are they good quality?

Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by blmac5 »

Chris, I got them from Woodcraft, but there are several companies that carry them, Woodcraft had them on sale. I was
well pleased with the quality of the mechanism. The only thing is, the parts are metal, I would recommend that you use
it for pepper only. It will grind salt, but it will corrode the metal over time.

Bobby

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Thanks for the info. There's a Woodcraft store not too far from me, I'll have to check out the mechanism.

Chris
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

NewAgent45
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark HD2 - Black Diamond CP v2.1

Post by NewAgent45 »

Nice job blmac5!

We made some pepper grinders using the same grinder assembly available from Woodcraft. We built our own version (economy version) of a 4th axis assembly. You can review my pepper grinder here. http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... 130#p24577 As you can see I carved 3 instances of a 3D object around the cylinder. This should give you some ideas for future projects.

You have a more sophisticated machine. But I suggest you review a whole string of posts "Bob's Super Simple 4th Axis for other project ideas.
http://www.cncsharktalk.com/viewtopic.p ... er+grinder

... Rod