IMG_20161114_153101180-2.jpg
Regards,
Gale

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Re: Another Amazing Grace Carving

Post by MarkJohnston »

Really nice!! Did you create the musical notes or get them from the internet?

I'm sure your sister will love it.

Mark

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Very Nice, I like the font selected. Agree your sister should love it.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

galerdude
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's 4x4 Hybrid R&P Evolution

Post by galerdude »

MarkJohnston wrote:Really nice!! Did you create the musical notes or get them from the internet?

I'm sure your sister will love it.

Mark
Thank You!
The musical notes were from a font called "MusicQwik". I used a *.jpg of the sheet music for reference.
dwilli9013 wrote:Very Nice, I like the font selected. Agree your sister should love it.
Thank You!
The title font is a font called "Honey Script".
Verse text is a font called "Freehand575BT".
Regards,
Gale

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Post by dwilli9013 »

Thanks for the info.
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

pbb116
Model of CNC Machine: Home built

Post by pbb116 »

Would you be able to describe how you went about putting this together...I downloaded the fonts but how to you get the staff lines, etc? Thanks.

galerdude
Vectric Craftsman

Post by galerdude »

pbb116 wrote:Would you be able to describe how you went about putting this together...I downloaded the fonts but how to you get the staff lines, etc? Thanks.
Sorry, haven't been here for a while. The staff lines were part of the the font "MusicQwik". I put it together in "Flexi" software. That's where I design all my projects when it is 2d and then export it into Aspire via *.dxf. I would think you could do a similar procedure with other graphics software.
Regards,
Gale

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

I put it together in "Flexi" software. That's where I design all my projects when it is 2d and then export it into Aspire via *.dxf

Any particular reason why you export as DXF ? Just curious because I always find that DXF gives a high node count. I normally export any vector graphics as EPS regardless of what sortware it is being imported to, I find I have far fewer problems generally exporting that way & also much fewer nodes :lol: :lol:

I tend to do all my vector design work in other software as well, not because Vectric software is not capable but simply because I have been using it so long I can get things done much quicker :lol: :lol:

Looks like a very nice job, sure your Sister will be delighted

galerdude
Vectric Craftsman

Post by galerdude »

martin54 wrote: I put it together in "Flexi" software. That's where I design all my projects when it is 2d and then export it into Aspire via *.dxf

Any particular reason why you export as DXF ? Just curious because I always find that DXF gives a high node count. I normally export any vector graphics as EPS regardless of what sortware it is being imported to, I find I have far fewer problems generally exporting that way & also much fewer nodes :lol: :lol:

I tend to do all my vector design work in other software as well, not because Vectric software is not capable but simply because I have been using it so long I can get things done much quicker :lol: :lol:

Looks like a very nice job, sure your Sister will be delighted
Well, it could be the quality of the filters in "Flexi" but I've always had better representation of the design using a *.dxf export. I used other software '96 to '04 and switched to Flexi in '04. Always had problems with *eps files that clients would send me that they had created in Illustrator with both signage software's. I still do, on the average 2 or 3 projects per month for the sign shop I retired from. All the designers there use Illustrator and once in a while will send me an *.eps file to cnc. I either have to recreate or request a *.dxf. Some of the issues are flats where it should be an arc or vice versa and a lot of unjoined vectors. It could be just me or like I mentioned, the filters. Once in while I'm able to take an *.eps directly into Aspire and then export it into Flexi as a *.dxf (depending on the complexity) so as to set it up and tweek it for taking back into Aspire for final cnc setup. I admire anyone able to make *.eps files function for them, I've just never been able to. I didn't have a clue that a *.dxf file had a higher node count and am curious to what disadvantage that causes for you so I could be on the lookout for that also.
Thank you for the comment.
Regards,
Gale

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

To be honest your the first person that I have personally ever heard of having problems with eps files, it's used widely in the signmaking industry & I often recommend it to people because it is an industry standard file format so any program designer knows exactly what they are dealing with.
DXF on the other hand has no industry standard & each CAD program has their own version which differ a bit, this is what causes problems with other programs import filters & why some dxf files import well & others do not.
Obviously the dxf format that Flexi uses works well with vectric software if you don't have problems.
Not sure why illustrator files would be sent as eps either, flexi will import ai files directly & you should only get a problem with them if you are running an older version of flexi which doesn't support the most upto date version of illustrator, but illustrator has the ability to save as an older version so I would just ask them to save as a version ?? file (what ever the latest version you support)

I started with Inspire pro which was scanvecs top program prior to flexi, used that for a long time but then found there was no upgrade path to flexi as I had left it to long & I simply couldn't afford to buy a new copy so switched to Vinylmaster expert a few years ago which was much more affordable to me.

Not sure that there would be a lot of disadvantages using either format (for me), as I said above dxf is dependant on what cad program it was designed in so I am always aware I may get sent a file I can't open & as I have never had problems with eps then that is what I generally request when I can, not always possible though as some CAD programs don't have an eps export option. I deal mainly with signmakers who can export eps so doesn't happen often.
If dxf works well for you then obviously it is something worth sticking with :lol: :lol: If vectors are drawn properly then the only disadvantage of a higher node count is the length of the code generated to actually cut the material which would be true of plotters as well as cnc machines.
Try using tangential cutting with lots of nodes & the noise the plotter makes while cutting will drive you crazy :lol: :lol: :lol: