New sign for local Pub

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
Papa_Paul
Model of CNC Machine: Open Build OX

New sign for local Pub

Post by Papa_Paul »

The sign was completed using VCP Desktop and the center panel used every bit of the maximum dimensions permitted. The center panel, top and bottom rails are carved on both sides with the same information; which meant that only there was only about 6mm clearance between the carving on the center panel where they intersected.

The sign finish was completed by the customer,s son (professional painter) with gold leaf and several coats of yacht varnish. When the customer said that he was leaving the wood in a clear natural color, I said that he may want to consider the text in Titanium white or other color for a good contrast; but the sign and the pub belongs to the customer.
Attachments
Tap sign_1_web1.jpg
Pub Sign painted 1_web.jpg

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Re: New sign for local Pub

Post by scottp55 »

I LIKE it!! :)
Are the square pegs functional like Stickley, or decorative like the Greene brothers work?
Ebony, or Ebonized?
Good Job!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.

Papa_Paul
Model of CNC Machine: Open Build OX

Post by Papa_Paul »

Scott,

They are functional 12mm square pegs of the same hardwood as the sign. Due to the limitations of my CNC (physical dimensions), I had to cut the (square holes) on my mortise machine; but it does make everything nice and tight.

And thanks for the thumbs up,

From a new guy to this adventure. Paul

scottp55
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopbotDesktop 5.5"Z/spindle/VCP11.5

Post by scottp55 »

You'll get addicted to it, BUT a hollow chisel mortiser does it's job well and fast with SQUARE corners:)
Dealing with radiused corners however small is one of the minor drawbacks if you like things tight.
Major plus though for people like me who can't hand carve worth a darn:)
Glad they're functional!
Good job!
scott
I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everyone,so you have to please yourself
R.N.