Kansas City Royals World Series Sign

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
kminden
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Kansas City Royals World Series Sign

Post by kminden »

Here is a sign I designed for a die hard Royals fan I work with. Had been want to try some texture and this gave me the opportunity.
image.jpeg

davism5

Re: Kansas City Royals World Series Sign

Post by davism5 »

Very nice! I wanted to do something similar for my son-in-law (big Royals fan) for Christmas this year, but didn't have any luck finding the logo anywhere. I only recently upgraded from Cut2D to VCarve Desktop, so wasn't sure how to make my own (or if I even could without Aspire). :(

subsea
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Zenbot 2448

Post by subsea »

Looks great. I'm going to try some texture background soon - any tricks to it?
- Bill

LouF
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: FLA100-00

Post by LouF »

Great looking sign I like it maybe if the Dodgers win the series I could make a Dodger sign. :wink:
Lou

kminden

Post by kminden »

For the texture I used a 1/8 inch bullnose so I could get in around all the lettering, but it took 6 hours to machine the texture! If you have a large area the bigger the bullnose the better.

Stevepro
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Tools IQ HH

Post by Stevepro »

looks very nice.

litzluth
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

Post by litzluth »

Very nice work. Could you please describe your technique for creating the "island" for the KC Royals badge in the middle that you then carved, and tell us what font/technique you used to create the "Royals" script at the bottom? Very cool.

kminden

Post by kminden »

The "Royals" script, shield and crown were converted to vectors from a jpg image of the logo. For the island the first step was to machine the v-bit tool path for the Royals script. I did this before any other machining. I then offset the script vector 1/16 inch to the outside and used this as my boundary for all subsequent machining tool paths. I used a 1/16 inch end mill to get in around the small areas of the script. After all of the material was removed around the Royals script and world series lettering to a depth of .25, I then machined the textured tool path. As for the blue lettering and border, I applied a water based dye stain prior to machining. The shield and crown were cut from 0.1 inch thick oak and inlayed into 0.15 inch deep pockets. I colored the shield prior to gluing it in place and then glued the white washed "KC" on top of the shield.