More Desk Plaques

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

More Desk Plaques

Post by blmac5 »

Well, all the teachers got name plates, so the office workers wanted to know where theirs were. So, the principal ordered 29 more plaques for the office workers. This takes care of the high school, so I guess I need to hit up the elementary and middle schools.
IMG_0623.JPG

glenninvb
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuild / VCP 8.0

Re: More Desk Plaques

Post by glenninvb »

They are first class!
excellent paint fill, what did you use?

antennasDIY
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home made

Post by antennasDIY »

Yes they look great, please tell us your technique.

blmac5
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by blmac5 »

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. Pretty simple project, the material is white corian which I v-carved the logo and name with 60 deg. v bit. Used black Krylon paint for the name, blue for the outline of the eagle logo and a yellow paint pen to do the beak. Then cut some brackets for the name plate to set on which are glued to the back with CA glue. I have attached a picture of the brackets I cut.
Name Plate brackets.JPG

connalj
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop max

Post by connalj »

HI blmac5,

I just completed a similar project and as wondering how I could hold the name plates. Would you mind send me the .crv file for your plate holders to connal308876@gmail.com please?

ezurick

Post by ezurick »

blmac5 wrote:Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. Pretty simple project, the material is white corian which I v-carved the logo and name with 60 deg. v bit. Used black Krylon paint for the name, blue for the outline of the eagle logo and a yellow paint pen to do the beak. Then cut some brackets for the name plate to set on which are glued to the back with CA glue. I have attached a picture of the brackets I cut.
Name Plate brackets.JPG

I do something similar too. Do you brush paint the letters then power sand it down to get the detail? That is how I do it. Just wondering if there is an easier way.