Pegulaville acrylic

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Pegulaville acrylic

Post by tonydude919 »

Here is an acrylic I did. Thee Pegula family just bought the Buffalo Bills football team to go with the Buffalo Sabres hockey team which they bought a few yrs ago, so I came up with this.
Size is 7" x 9" and 3/8" cast acrylic using a .0625 ball nose bit and .001 deep carve.

Tony
Attachments
image.jpg
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

pops1964
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot buddy bt 32

Re: Pegulaville acrylic

Post by pops1964 »

Very nice work Tony , as usual , whats that black dot on the front of your base ? Is that a on/off button ? pop's :mrgreen:
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard

Post by tonydude919 »

That's the eye for the remote control to change colors and to fade in and out and flash etc. can program 20 colors and other stuff.

Tony
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

pops1964
Vectric Wizard

Post by pops1964 »

Thanks Tony that sounds cool , I just ordered my first shipment of led's I got white and blue figure I need to get my design on my bases and everything set the way I want before I look into all the bells and whistles. Does adding the color changing leds need more room in the bases for the control box I've never seen the setup . I am looking into setting some up on batteries . If I can keep it looking normal size . Pops :mrgreen:
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard

Post by tonydude919 »

You need 12 volts for the led lights. That means 8 double AA batteries for it. I run mine on power supply. I use rgb led lights with remotes.

Tony

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Most of us use mini controllers like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-44Key-IR-R ... 0618870301

Very easy to stash - You can find battery packs that will run them but they are a bit pricey, 1-2 amps 12v
Doug

pops1964
Vectric Wizard

Post by pops1964 »

Tony , XRAY , thanks for the guidance and the info . I was on line last night and came across these for battery operated leds , made especially for edge lit signs . Have you guys ever seen these ? I sent a picture to my electric supply guy to see if he can find them and if there cost effective . There used by a guy in the Uk. :mrgreen:
Attachments
led_board.jpg
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

tom klass
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: camaster stinger1 with recoil

Post by tom klass »

Nice job Tony! Great minds think alike.. I thought of doing the same thing with a little twist have the bills logo on front pc and the sabres on back pc and use flashing between red and blue back blue front red. Don't know how well it would work I just don't have the time right now to find out.

Xxray
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster Stinger 1

Post by Xxray »

Pops, that would be of little use to me because:
* Would have to completely redesign my base to accommodate and it would be awkward
* Not RGB/No remote control, flashing patterns
* Not many LED's considering length, strip would have twice as many
* Probably not very cost effective

This is what most of us use http://www.ebay.com/itm/121058740608?ss ... 1439.l2649
Unless you only do an acrylic sign once in a blue moon you will probably have to abandon the idea of batt power and premade solutions
Doug

pops1964
Vectric Wizard

Post by pops1964 »

Thanks XRAY , ya just looking at things and being curious . The mailman just dropped off my first order of leds and plugs only single colors figure get the hang of it . probably order some rbg and remotes this week see what happens just ordered the drag bit a little while ago . Well time to get creative thanks . pop's
POPS1964
SHOPBOT Buddy BT-32

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Has Terry ordered one of these? :D

Phil

Go Bills