Clock

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
pcstru

Post by pcstru »

Roly wrote:Awesome, that is something I have been tryong to get into for ages.

How did you cut the gears. I am having big problems getting anything like that to cut properly. Is it possible to post the crv file for one gear which would give me a good start to understanding how to go about cutting the others.
Ok, for anyone that's interested, a .crv file that I've been using for the clock components can be downloaded here. It's quite a large file - just over 3MB hence I cant attach it to this post. The file acts as a sort of scratch pad for me - so everything is there but when I cut components, I arrange them onto a sheet and the set the toolpaths for that sheet (so I end up with multiple files), hence you won't find toolpaths for components other than the wheels on the cutting sheet. So all in all, it's a bit of a mess and may or may not be helpful!

DavidCousins
Vectric Wizard

Post by DavidCousins »

Pcstru,
I'm just wondering if you made a video of your working clock yet. I saw your windmills and was hoping a video of the clock would appear there soon. Let us know if you get that itch and post something.

I started cutting some of your gears. Thanks for posting that file.
Dave

pcstru

Post by pcstru »

DavidCousins wrote:Pcstru,
I'm just wondering if you made a video of your working clock yet. I saw your windmills and was hoping a video of the clock would appear there soon. Let us know if you get that itch and post something.

I started cutting some of your gears. Thanks for posting that file.
Dave
Pleasure. Do post some pics of your creation!

No video of the clock yet. Unfortunately I'm about to move house - which will disrupt further work for a while till I get some workspace sorted out.