Guitars - Vectric - Alex Navarro

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Re: Guitars - Vectric - Alex Navarro

Post by PaulRowntree »

Alex, instead of having a series of steps to round the outside edges, what about using a large number of radial fluting toolpaths? It would certainly reduce the cleanup sanding required.
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis

Post by Alex Navarro »

PaulRowntree wrote:Alex, instead of having a series of steps to round the outside edges, what about using a large number of radial fluting toolpaths? It would certainly reduce the cleanup sanding required.
Hmm, interesting.
I'll see how this works or send us an example if you can.
I do the contours and shapes in Aspire or Rhinoceros, I choose the easiest depending on the job.
Make a series of recesses was an idea that occurred to me to help Dave to do with VCarve.
I did this before cnc with a manual machine and then with sandpaper and a block of wood to shape.

Thanks for the tip, but if you post an image or file as an example, the better.

Thanks and...
Happy New Year
Alex Navarro

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Post by PaulRowntree »

Here is how I think it might work. It would require a bit more thinking around the neck, but I think it is do-able.
I drew a line extending from the inside of your stepped profiles , past the outermost step, and continued out for about that distance again. Make it so the outside point is the starting point. Then select this line, and the outer-most profile of the body, and use the Copy Object Along Vector tool, with Align to Vectors to Curve Selected, and give it a large number of vectors to make. For some reason this flips the start point of the created vectors to be on the inside of the guitar. My example had 600, and is not enough to make it smooth. Then group these newly created vectors and use them to make a linear flute toolpath, extending about 2x the depth of the edge you wanted (because it extends about 2x past the edge of the guitar. I tried to make the vectors just the length of the bevelled region but so far no success. If you copy along the inner guitar profile profile VCP gets confused at the sharp corners near the neck.

There are probably clever tricks to trim the vectors to the right length, but I do not know how in VCP.
Cheers!
Attachments
guitar with flutes.jpg
Window View.jpg
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

PaulRowntree wrote:Here is how I think it might work. It would require a bit more thinking around the neck, but I think it is do-able.
I drew a line extending from the inside of your stepped profiles , past the outermost step, and continued out for about that distance again. Make it so the outside point is the starting point. Then select this line, and the outer-most profile of the body, and use the Copy Object Along Vector tool, with Align to Vectors to Curve Selected, and give it a large number of vectors to make. For some reason this flips the start point of the created vectors to be on the inside of the guitar. My example had 600, and is not enough to make it smooth. Then group these newly created vectors and use them to make a linear flute toolpath, extending about 2x the depth of the edge you wanted (because it extends about 2x past the edge of the guitar. I tried to make the vectors just the length of the bevelled region but so far no success. If you copy along the inner guitar profile profile VCP gets confused at the sharp corners near the neck.

There are probably clever tricks to trim the vectors to the right length, but I do not know how in VCP.
Cheers!
I think this process is more complicated and in the case of making a violin which way it would be more complicated.
The steps (off set of numbers) and depth of parallel steps can define the shape of the shape of the top of the guitar.
The different heights of the top with 3, 2 mm or less can be easily sanded with paper 60.

Anyway this is a way to improvise on a lack of resource Vcarve.
To create a complete and cusinagem guitar I nominate the Aspire and I think the best software currently for this work.

Best Regards
Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

Hi I make more videos

How to import emements from Cut3d to Cut2d

Make your own Guitars with Aspire
Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

Part II

Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

Hi everybody

In some days I´ll put here a complete files of a guitar for VCarve.
I don´t know how model you like more and so I ask you what model you want!
In my site (www.3dcncguitars.com - in progress) , I have some models. Please help me find the best model.
If the model is not in my list, say you for me what you would like.

Thanks
Alex Navarro

ilsaarin
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ilsaarin »

Les Paul-type would be great, or some kind of superstrato, like NBS JLN.

When I first looked this thread, I just thought that you are building guitars by yourself. I didn't realize that you sell files! This is something I have been looking for. And If you are going to share one of your designs, you will be the nicest man I know from Brazil!

Ilkka,

Finland, (currently -20 degrees celcius )

Doug Mel
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus HD

Post by Doug Mel »

Very nice looking guitars on your web site!
Makes me wish I could play!
Thanks for your posts.
Doug

galerdude
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Joe's 4x4 Hybrid R&P Evolution

Post by galerdude »

Hi Alex,
Have been following this thread of yours and am in awe that you are sharing such valuable knowledge with the community. I for one, am appreciative of your efforts. I am unable to choose any one of your great design files. Anything you choose to share with us I feel will be of great benefit to us and a true learning experience on how you achieve what you do thru VCP.

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Gale

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

ilsaarin wrote:Les Paul-type would be great, or some kind of superstrato, like NBS JLN.

When I first looked this thread, I just thought that you are building guitars by yourself. I didn't realize that you sell files! This is something I have been looking for. And If you are going to share one of your designs, you will be the nicest man I know from Brazil!

Ilkka,

Finland, (currently -20 degrees celcius )
Wow! How it is cold there!

Yes, I made my basses and some guitars some time (more than 20 years), but for cnc a litte more than 5 years. Came some time ago people ask me about how make my basses with softwares. Slowly it come be more like a job that a fast tips.

But a sampler is a good way to I know if my way is right or have some trouble because for me somethings is clear, but some people not. And this is a way of sharing experiences.

I got no more machine and too would like to see one sampler finished :)

Regards
Alex
Here it is +31 ºC!! But the sensation is more! Here is hotter than hell
Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

Doug Mel wrote:Very nice looking guitars on your web site!
Makes me wish I could play!
Thanks for your posts.
Doug
I too play not well guitars, but still be trying :?
Alex Navarro

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

galerdude wrote:Hi Alex,
Have been following this thread of yours and am in awe that you are sharing such valuable knowledge with the community. I for one, am appreciative of your efforts. I am unable to choose any one of your great design files. Anything you choose to share with us I feel will be of great benefit to us and a true learning experience on how you achieve what you do thru VCP.

Thank you very much!
Hi, thank!

Ok, I´m think about a classic model guitar but not a copy. Some specially.
Alex Navarro

ilsaarin
Vectric Craftsman

Post by ilsaarin »

Totally OT: -20 degrees was nothing. This winter record broke last night in north: -42,7 degrees celcius. But today it is around -10.

Alex Navarro
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Alex Navarro »

ilsaarin wrote:Totally OT: -20 degrees was nothing. This winter record broke last night in north: -42,7 degrees celcius. But today it is around -10.
Wow, it cold so much
I saw on TV more than 100 people died in Europe
I got a solution for you. Come to Brazil! eheh :lol:
But when you go out Airplane, maybe you´ll be die with a termic shock hahaha :roll:

saturday I was in a beach near here that I saw Nazareth band play.
The singer still sing very well and the bass player with yours 65 years old yet shake much.
There in the beach was so hot. Was hard stay under the Sun. Today I´m red color and some pain.

In this week I´ll send a model to use on Vcarve ok!!

Attachments
nazareth-Brazil2012.jpg
praia05.jpg
Alex Navarro