M 16 update

An area to upload images of pieces cut using VCarve Pro
artezz

M 16 update

Post by artezz »

Well slowly gaining. I have had all kinds of fun... The wood I recieved at Lowesis usualy cut right on the mark. not this time. My fault fot not double checking measuremets. I was using 3d cut,top and bottom. Glued two 11 by 12 by 1 1/2 together. I use dexeon as a way to hold down my work. It is a great way to do it, you can adjust it in alot of configurations. Her is where the fun began.my centers from one side to the other were off by 1/8 to 1/4 ,oooppps. Next time I`m going to drill a very small hole down thru to make sure it is exact. then I found that using normal router bits, truely dont cut it, when makin deep guts. You need to use bits with a longer cutting area. DUH! I burned up to sets of brushes in a bosch router. When the brushes ware down the power slows,the collicts break. Then the bit goes crazy and you get a design that is not of your choisen, or a broken bit. Two sets of brushes, four collecits, two bits, in just one week. My wife said buy the right bits, till I told her thi price. Not in the budget.
Heres some more pics.
Attachments
m16 wood.JPG