box gadget

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
stevensturgis
Model of CNC Machine: open build

box gadget

Post by stevensturgis »

I would like to know if you can add more than one box at a time to a projects. say 4 boxes at once. also the placement of the box parts are all over the place with a lot of wasted space yet you cant move them. is there a way to make it nest better?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: box gadget

Post by Adrian »

If you use the dovetail option you can't nest or move from the original placement as a special toolpath is created. With square tabs you should be able to nest ok.

The intro page for the gadget on the gadget website explains the options available for moving things around.

ElderlyGent
Model of CNC Machine: Piranha FX

Post by ElderlyGent »

I am Having the same problem in that my work space is too small to haveall the box parts on it at one time, so I need to be able to ungroup them, the 6 parts, so thatI can cut 2 at a time. say the ends, then the sides ,then the front and back. I tried to find the 'options' as suggested, but just can't see them, so perhaps some kind person with a lot more ability than me will give me some direct directions as to exactly where to find them. This would be a great help probab;y to more than just me and the OP.
Thanks in advance.
EG.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Read the section "How to use the box creator?" on the gadget page - http://gadgets.vectric.com/V9/box_creator.html

That explains what options you have if you're using a smaller machine. Basically you have to create the sections one or more at a time as they fit by checking/unchecking the various parts of the box.