Calling moulding toolpath from a gadget

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
RayHari
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot desktop max

Calling moulding toolpath from a gadget

Post by RayHari »

I wrote a small gadget to create a rail and a shape for a moulding and tested it. It displays the 2 vectors correctly. Now I want to make a call from my gadget to the "moulding toolpath" and create the moulding. How do I automatically fill in the values for the toolpath and create it from within my gadget? I am using Vcarve Pro 8.5 for shopbot.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Calling moulding toolpath from a gadget

Post by Adrian »

Not all of the features (especially newer ones) are available in the API. I haven't seen any documentation for the moulding toolpath in LUA.

RayHari

Post by RayHari »

Where is the API. So far I've been using existing gadgets to get an idea of how to create a gadget without an API document. I downloaded a file called Vectric_Gadget_SDK_V3.vgadget from one of the links in http://gadgets.vectric.com/developerinfo.html. But I am unable to install or open it since it has a vgadget extension. I am on a PC that has the latest Windows 10 version.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Which version of VCarve/Aspire are you running? The VGadget versions are for Version 9 onwards. The gadgets for prior to V9 are available from a link on the gadgets site but there isn't a link for the older versions of the LUA documentation.

RayHari

Post by RayHari »

I am using Vcarve Pro 8.5 for Shopbot. I would appreaciate it very much if you could post the API documentation as a pdf file that I could download.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

If you rename the vgadget file to be zip instead then you will be able to open the archive and access the documentation and sample files.

RayHari

Post by RayHari »

Thank you very much Adrian. I spent countless hours pondering how to do things without proper documentation. Never thought changing the .vgadget to .zip will solve my problem at least partially. I would still like someone from vectric who created the moulding toolpath code to either update the API document or respond to this forum post.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

This forum is primarily user to user rather than support directly from Vectric. Especially when it comes to gadgets which aren't really a fully supported part of the product. You could try asking directly via email.

roy_okc
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY 80/20 ~18"x48", Mach 3

Post by roy_okc »

Adrian,

A second thanks for the extension renaming tip. I was having the exact same problem as RayHari, trying to find documentation compatible with Aspire 8.x.

Roy