setup sheet editor

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna IQ

setup sheet editor

Post by ohiolyons »

When I try to change the artwork I'm getting an error message saying my jpg is not a correct file format and it lists 3 acceptable formats including jpg.

I thought it might be a size issue, so I tried a very small version and got the same error message.

Any help will be gratefully appreciated
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Re: setup sheet editor

Post by seanm »

Hi,

I have just tested changing the artwork through the setup sheet editor and it changed fine, have you tried any other .jpgs or other accepted formats to see if it changes to those?
At a guess looking at the source code for the setup sheet editor i would put it down to possibly the extension being named .jpeg rather than .jpg.
If it is this, just renamed the extension of the file, i will also alter the setup sheet editor so that this issue doesnt crop up again, it should be released with a future patch in the near future.

Sean

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

Sean

It was a photo from my phone and the t get converted to jpg in the e-mail process. I tried the same photo full size 1.5 meg and then the same photo at 37 K neither were accepted.

Possible clue it was an iPhone and they are storing photos now in a different format. But when you send them via e-mail it converts them to jpg. Maybe that conversion isn’t as pure as it should be. I will try a now iPhone jpg too.

I’ll try that and get back with you today.

Is there a file size limit?
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

OK, I figured it out.

When I saw jpg I assumed a photograph was OK. You know what happens when you assume!!!

Downloaded an arbitrary image (not a photo) in jpg format and it worked as advertised.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Post by seanm »

There is no file limitation set in the setup sheet editor. can you send me the jpg you were trying to use so i can investigate, seanm@vectric.com

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

file set to your e-mail
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio

ohiolyons
Vectric Wizard

Post by ohiolyons »

Just to update all Sean looked at my photo file. It turns out photos are acceptable, the problem with my file was JPG was in caps, it must be lower case for this gadget until it is updated.
John Lyons
CNC in Kettering, Ohio