Turned Profile Z Level Roughing Allowance Does Not Work

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 36

Turned Profile Z Level Roughing Allowance Does Not Work

Post by mrmfwilson »

Just in case you are going to use the Turned Profile Z Level Gadget... I've been using the Turned Profile Z Level gadget for the last couple of weeks. I noticed that marks from the multiple level passes that had a .125 Roughing Allowance were left after the final pass. I was able to sand most of them out. I've been busy so I hadn't noticed that the Roughing Allowance wasn't getting added. I looked at the pass depth on the tool paths. The pass depth is the same. With or without the roughing allowance. This looks like a Vectric authored gadget. I know they are provided "as is", but if Vectric is going to author and publish gadgets it would instill a higher level of confidence for me if they worked "as is". Could someone look into this? Or hire Paul Roundree. His all work "as is". It would be more usable if there could be a roughing allowance.

Vcarve Version 8.517. Latest version of the gadget. Multiple passes works.

Mike
Mr. Wilson
CenterLine Designs
Facebook - Centerline Designs

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Turned Profile Z Level Roughing Allowance Does Not Work

Post by mrmfwilson »

More info. I just noticed that the pass depth does not correlate with the actual drawing depth. Must be some reason. Can someone explain? Output size is correct. I can't upload the file. It's 3.7mb zipped. 2mb for uploads is too limiting. I would be good to up the limit to at least 5mb. I the actual file is 29.5mb.

Mike
Mr. Wilson
CenterLine Designs

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Mike...
You may want to try the molding toolpath. It may do just what you wish without any workarounds.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman

Post by mrmfwilson »

Yes I can! Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for and even more that I can use. Looks like a good Tips&Tricks post. Is this common knowledge or did I miss something? I have been busy, that is a good thing, and haven't been on the forums much. I haven't had much time to look a the new features. Now I know why no one cares about the gadget! Once again Thanks! And Thanks to Vectric for creating this way to cut horizontal axis stuff. Even though I didn't know about it.

Mike
Mr. Wilson
CenterLine Designs

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Mike...
Credit goes to Michael "Angelo" Mezalick. He told me to try the molding toolpath for rotary. It is now shown in all my rotary classes. I don't always give him credit tho. :roll:
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com