Gadget SDK and Programatically Selecting Gadgets

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets

Gadget SDK and Programatically Selecting Gadgets

Postby iank » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm using Vcarve 8 and have created a few gadgets already to do repetitive tasks in my models.

I'm currently looking at a gadget where I want to programatically create a series of contours and then create a standard toolpath for each one i.e. a pocket or a profile toolpath . Creating the contours is straight forward.

Is there a way to programaticaly select the newly created contour so that it is in the job selection list and can be used by the standard create_XXXXToolPath methods?

I can find anything documented that allows this. However, I have noticed what appears to be at least one undocumented method which may do this called SelectVectorsOnLayer, its used in an example but is not documented, Makes me wonder if there are other useful methods like this that are hidden.

I'm really trying to avoid creating external toolpaths since these then become difficult to manage if things change.

Regards

Ian
iank

Model of CNC Machine: CNCDudez Mini Muscle

Re: Gadget SDK and Programatically Selecting Gadgets

Postby iank » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Seems my Gadget SDK pdf was either out of date or corrupt. Reinstalled the SDK and its all there in the documentation Doh!
iank

Model of CNC Machine: CNCDudez Mini Muscle

Return to Gadgets - General