Doves and Tails Won't Fit

This section is for general discussion about Gadgets
John_CNC
Model of CNC Machine: Shark 3 HD

Doves and Tails Won't Fit

Post by John_CNC »

I have downloaded and set up the Dovetail gadget on my Shark CNC. I am running VCarve Pro 8.0 on my machine. Yes, I have watched the demo videos and read about how to use the gadget. My problem is that when I am setting up the dimensions, I see on my screen that the dovetails should be "chamfered" (for lack of a better term) along the edges as should the receiving tails. Yet when is machines the Doves and Tails, they are "flat" and do not fit. I have included photos.
Attachments
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0330.JPG

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Doves and Tails Won't Fit

Post by FixitMike »

It would be helpful if you would post the .crv file for us to look at.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Re: Doves and Tails Won't Fit

Post by seanm »

Hi John,

The tails look as they should, these are not chamfered. The sockets however should be chamfered, Now there are 3 gadgets with the installer, The first one is used if you created the sockets and tails yourself, or you would use the second gadget if you wanted the gadget to create you the tails and sockets. I believe you have used the second gadget here to create the tails and sockets automatically, now after you did this, did you run the 3rd gadget which creates the chamfered toolpath for the sockets? As this is what looks like is missing from the finish.

Sean