Chamfer - Toolpath Gadget

This forum lists all Gadgets that are available now
seanm
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: 6040 Desktop CNC

Chamfer - Toolpath Gadget

Post by seanm »

Chamfer Gadget

This gadget can be used to create the chamfered or bevelled edge effect without the need for special tools with a specific angle. What this gadget does is create a toolpath for a standard End Mill or Ball Nose tool to cut around the material stepping over and through the material with each trace around the vector to your specified angle and cut depth.

To view more information about this gadget and other gadgets, please visit the Gadgets Website or for a direct link to this gadget click here

Soapyjoe
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz High Z Machine German manufacture

Re: Chamfer - Toolpath Gadget

Post by Soapyjoe »

Hi, I have recently installed the chamfer tool in my software.

Is their an easy way of reversing the direction of the chamfer?

At the moment I find it difficult to predict which side of a line the chamfer will be cut

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I get an error trying to run Chamfer. I deleted the existing Chamfer, dowloaded and installed a new copy. The 'select the item to be installed' box was empty, but it said it was installed. When I restarted Vcarve Pro, it was there. Ran it again, same error.

I just created a 0.6 inch deep pocked, then tried to add a chamfer. The pocket was selected.
Chamfer Error.jpg
Chamfer settings.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

You're running VCarve 9 but from the sounds of what you did to install you're trying to install the pre-version 9 gadget. There is no "select item to be installed" box with the version 9 and above gadgets, they install directly.

This is the correct Chamfer gadget for V9 - http://gadgets.vectric.com/V9/chamfer.html

gkas
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Aspire, Axiom AR8 Pro+, Axiom 4.2W Laser

Post by gkas »

I deleted everything I could find in Win 10 with 'chamfer'. Multiple installs/uninstalls and the install type looks like the new version, but the chamfer gadget still says version 1.2. The original post in this thread at the 'here' still points at the previous version.

When I run, I don't get an error, but the toolpath is flipped and is above the workpiece. Now I'm totally confused.
Chamfer reinstall.jpg
Chamfer reinstall toolpath.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

They are both 1.2 it's just that one linked to in the first post is for VCarve versions prior to 9 and the one I linked to is for 9 onwards.

1.3 was withdrawn to problems with it's new features but the page wasn't updated to reflect that.