Merry Christmas Sled Font?

JimRochester
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by JimRochester »

I am making the Merry Christmas Sled for the family this year. I searched but did not see a thread on that one. What is the font used for "Merry Christmas"? I have seen people personalize them with family names and years and would like to do the same but think the fonts should match. Thank you.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Re: Merry Christmas Sled Font?

Post by mtylerfl »

Hi Jim,

The font is called Tiranti Solid LET.

I try to remember to include either the font name or a sample of the original text in the project file itself. I did include a sample of the original in this particular project. Here's how you can view it...

1) Go to the Layers and turn on the layer that is titled "original text spare". (That layer is turned off by default)

2) This turns on the visibility of the original text (plus the name of the font I placed there). If you select that text and click on the "Create Text" icon (the icon with the plain capital letter T), you can then see the name of the font in the now open text menu as well

NOTE: Many of the project files I make for Vectric have Layers that have been turned off before distribution. This is so the workspace is "uncluttered". However, the "invisible" layers often have useful info or guides. So, when you open one of the free projects you might want to visit the Layer Menu and see if any layers are turned off. Turn them on to see if there is additional info you might find handy, then turn them back off when done exploring!
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Bobtail Farm
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade

Post by Bobtail Farm »

Thanks for the explanation, work method tip, and the model too!

JimRochester
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Re: Merry Christmas Sled Font?

Post by JimRochester »

I am making a bunch of these for family and with a week to go I am obviously behind. I had some trouble with my shark and ended up throwing out several I had started. All fixed now. I had an idea to speed things up and was wondering if anyone has tried it. I found some really cool glitter spray paint that Michaels did not have in a bulk. Since it's only 1/16" of soft pine, can I spray paint the cross bands, tape them off, cut the letters, spray paint them, then cut the large cutouts to remove the overspray? I think if I hit the pine with a couple coats of shellac first, the spray paint shouldn't bleed through. With all the glitter in it the paint really sits on the surface.