Free Project - Family Fun Peg Game

Stephanie Downing
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: xxx

Free Project - Family Fun Peg Game

Post by Stephanie Downing »

When I was growing up, we always seemed to have a solitaire peg game kicking around. Someone in the house would randomly pick it up and start playing, and before you knew it, we were all in line waiting for a turn. The game we had was made of plastic with plastic pegs, and a few years ago, I decided to make one for my family with the help of my CNC.

This video will first take you through a quick overview of the free 2D game layouts you get with your VCarve Desktop, VCarve Pro, or Aspire software. We will have a look at the included cribbage board layouts and then the peg games. After that, I'll show you how to take one of the peg game layouts and modify it and create tooling you could use to cut it on your CNC.

If you have never played peg solitaire, the rules are pretty simple:
The object is to try to leave as few pegs on the board as you can. To remove a peg you must jump over it with another peg. No diagonal moves are allowed.

Set-up and rules of play:
1. Fill all the peg holes with pegs
2. Remove the centre peg and put it aside
3. Start jumping, and as you hop over a peg, remove that peg and set it aside.
4. When you can't jump anymore, the game is over.
5. Count up the remaining pegs on the board, and that's your score.
6. Set-up again and try to beat your last score!!!!

I have very fond memories of playing this with my Father, and I hope you will be inspired to make your own and have a bit of family fun!

Download the free project files: https://www.vectric.com/vectric-communi ... FunPegGame
Attachments
Family Fun Peg Game.jpg