Free Project - Gothic Wall Shelf

AmritpalP
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Free Project - Gothic Wall Shelf

Post by AmritpalP »

This month’s project was inspired by an antique Gothic-style niche shelf. The Aspire project is similar to the original in several ways, but redesigned to be a bit smaller. I call this one the “Petit Gothique”. The back has two keyhole slots created with the Vectric Keyhole Toolpath Gadget. This makes a convenient method to securely hang the shelf unit on your wall.

Compatible with Aspire 8.0 or higher.

The finished dimensions of this project are approximately 10.65 " W x 19.5 " T x 6.875 " D.

Click the link to download the project files: http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/proje ... shelf.html

If you go ahead and create this project, then it would be great to see a photo of your finished piece over on the Vectric Forum. Alternatively feel free to email us a picture of your finished piece at online@vectric.com.
Graphic & Web Designer

www.vectric.com

John_CNC
Model of CNC Machine: Shark 3 HD

Re: Free Project - Gothic Wall Shelf

Post by John_CNC »

I have a couple of questions about the Gothic Wall Shelf. I don't have Aspire, but I am thinking of upgrading to VCarve Pro. Will the plans work on this program?
and I want to make a "Bishop's Chair" for the annual visit for our bishop. Can the plans be "magnified" so that the back is about 20"-24" wide?

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Re: Free Project - Gothic Wall Shelf

Post by JamesB »

You will need Aspire to work with this particular project, it will not open in VCarve Pro. The design could certainly be customized in Aspire although it may be more complicated than simply scaling it up. VCarve does have many of the tools you would need to generate a similar design, perhaps with some simplifications to the 3D aspects of this. Take a look at the Gothic Quatrofoil project on this page - http://support.vectric.com/tutorials/V8 ... Index.html to see some of the things you can achieve with vectors and 2.5D toolpaths.

Thanks,
James