Roland EGX-350

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Perry
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Modified Shopbot PRT96

Roland EGX-350

Post by Perry »

Hi guys.
I haven't been able to do much with my Shopbot and Vectric software due to the fact that I commute to work (3600 km) and I only get home to play about every 3-4 months, for just a couple of weeks.

I just wanted to say what a pleasant surprise I got this week though. My employer had recently purchase an engraving machine for marking stainless steel cable tags. They purchased the machine without any knowledge of these types of devices, but upon finding out I had a background with a CNC, they decided that the machine and it's operation shall be part of my duties. Upon looking at the bundled software (Roland EngraveStudio) and doing a little bit of looking online, I found some very familiar images. This software is from Vectric!

Congradulations guys on branching out and getting your great GUI software out to some of these manufacturers and having it bundled with their equipment. I believe I will have very few problems teaching some brand new people about the CAD side of their newly purchased equipment due to its ease of use.
Thanks again for all the great work you have done.
Perry

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Re: Roland EGX-350

Post by BrianM »

Hi Perry,

That's some commute! Nice to hear from you again and I hope you have fun with Roland Engrave Studio. We have been supplying Roland with the software for some of their machines for a few years now.

Brian