Mach 3 Post Processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Peter Stenabaugh
Vectric Craftsman

Mach 3 Post Processor

Post by Peter Stenabaugh »

Hi Guys, I also have a request for an updated Mach 3 postp. I also want to be able to output all my g-code from Vcarve into one file. If I have a complex part to carve out, it is quite a pain to have to manually edit and join the various files.

Mach 3 will support tool changes. Basically all it does is insert a M05 (spindle stop) then it inserts a M06 (tool change). In Mach 3 you have to set the configuration to tell mach to stop for the tool change, rather than just motor through it. I have attached a sample file that was created from other software and output for Mach 3. It runs really well. A sample tool change can be found on line N12220. I had to change the file extension from .nc to .txt, or it would not let me post the attachment....

While we are on the Mach 3 band wagon, another request for your current Mach 3 postp, is to insert spaces between the various words on each line. For example a space after the number line, a space after the X value, a space after the Y value etc. It makes the file much easier to read and edit if we have spaces.

I have already edited my Mach 3 postp to do this, although there are others out there that would no doubt like to have that feature built in. If you like, I can send my Mach 3 postp back to you to have a look at, but there is not much changed.

Thanks guys,

Pete
Attachments
ARCTIC SPAS.txt
Sample g-code file for Mach 3
(272.64 KiB) Downloaded 365 times