Older ShobBot and V-Carve?

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
hammaann

Older ShobBot and V-Carve?

Post by hammaann »

Hi

I need to know if a 1999 ShopBot PR-96 machine running Control Software Version 2.38 on Win98 will be able to use V-carve for the forseable future.

Thanks

PS: This grey background makes it hard to see black text.

BrianM
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: A few ...

Post by BrianM »

Hi hammaann,

Welcome to the forum!
I need to know if a 1999 ShopBot PR machine running Control Software Version 2.38 on Win98 will be able to use V-carve for the forseable future
The output from VCarve Pro should be able to drive the ShopBot for the forseable future. I can't imagine why we would ever remove support for a ShopBot machine.

With regard to running VCarve Pro itself on Windows 98, we have no current plans to drop support for Windows 98, but we can not guarantee that all future versions will run on it. We do put a fair amount of effort into maintaining support for Windows 98 and while a reasonable number of our current and potential customers want to stay with Windows 98 we will try to support it.
PS: This grey background makes it hard to see black text.
We realise that on some peoples monitors the black and grey make a poor combination. We do plan to overhaul the forum in the not too distant future and will make sure we choose a more readable colour combination next time!

Regards

Brian

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Post by Wemme »

Hi I am running a custom built machine but using a shopbot prt controller with no problems at all.
Best thing i did was to buy V carve pro it has given life to the machine and I can't do with out it.

Regards
Bart