mach 3

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

mach 3

Post by kevinl »

Hello everyone

been browsing this site for awhile and downloaded the trial version but having troubles getting the mach 3 post. I have tried the download but when I click on the link the post comes up as a web page. I have tried to save it to the appropiate place as a txt. file but that doesnt seem to be right. Wondering if someone could e-mail me the file?

Looks like really nice software from the photos here and quite user frienly. Would like to cut some of the sample files and see how they turn out before I purchase the full version.

Thanks
Kevin

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Kevin,

I have e-mailed the Inch and Metric postps.

Tony

kevinl
Vectric Craftsman

Post by kevinl »

Thanks for the quick reply. I just made a quick sample to look at the code and it seems to be all x y moves. does the full version have g03 moves??

js11110
Vectric Wizard

Post by js11110 »

I asked this some time ago, and the answer was at this moment the program does not use g03 and g02 moves. I think that will come in the future. Tony or Brian would know for sure.What I can tell you is that from what I have seen, there is no difference to the quality of product the program produces, just the programs are MUCH larger in size.

Jason

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hi Kevin,

Postprocessor output for circular arcs - G02 & G03 - is on the development list (thanks Jason).

Although the toolpath file size maybe be larger, there should be no noticeable difference to the quality
of the machined parts.

Tony