PP for Siemens 828D??

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ShopSabre IS 510/Trak Bed Mill/Sharp VMC

PP for Siemens 828D??

Post by Gundawg »

I have been working on a PP for my Sharp VMC the 840D PP that is in the folder has some code in it I don't understand and it is in metric and I need inches. I have started editing it but I am wondering if anyone knows what some of this code is for I am guessing it was proprietary for the machine it was written for? I don't see these codes in the manuals for my machine either. I thought I would post here to see if anyone knows. The post for the 840D should also work for the 828D.

The MM post is the original and the inch is my modified post.

This is the code I am not understanding.

begin HEADER

";$PATH=/_N_WKS_DIR/[TP_FILENAME]_WPD"
";[TOOLPATH_NAME]"
"[N] G64 G451 CFIN" This line I find no definition for G451 or CFIN"
"[N] G0 G70 G54"
"[N] M51M52 G451 CFIN" This line also makes no sense to me
"[N] L100"
"[N] G64"
"[N] L2"
"[N] G17D1"
"[N] TRANS [XH] [YH] [ZH]"
"[N] M06T[T]"
"[N] G0 F5000"
"[N] G0 [S] M3"
"[N] G0 M08"
Siemens840DArc_ATC_mm.pp
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Siemens840DArc_ATC_inch.pp
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 179 times

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: PP for Siemens 828D??

Post by Adrian »

They are both to do with how corners are handled by the machine.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs ... 805_en.pdf

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

I looked through the manual you posted and did not find those codes I found some similar codes but not that exact coding maybe I missed it or it is machine specific they put the Siemens controllers on many different brands and types of machines routers, mills, lathes, grinders etc.

I have looked through the manual for my machine and the acceptable G & M codes and do not find those codes either. I am not really sure how this all works to be honest and I am starting to think it is over my head. I have looked through the guide from Vectirc on editing a PP.

I am not sure where to go from here. I have hundreds of files designed in Vectric Aspire that I would like to be able to cut on this machine it is so much faster than writing everything with the conversational control which is what I am doing now. If I can't get this figured out I will be moving to other software which might be a better fit for what I am trying to do. I have 3 different CNC machines 2 mills and my router which works great with the Vectric Aspire software package.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

G451 and CFIN are both in there. I did a google search for "Siemens G451" and "Siemens CFIN". Lots of information came up but that was the easiest one to share.

G451 is on page 8-40 and CFIN is on page 7-28.

Gundawg
Vectric Craftsman

Post by Gundawg »

I was looking in another section that dealt with contour corners. I read through it but I am not sure I fully comprehend the subject.

I think I will try what I have made with some air cuts and see if it works. One other part I am unsure of is how it deals with tool height offset and tool diameter. My Shop Sabre IS 510 has a tool changer and it handles that info from the controller I am hoping this will work the same on the Sharp mill.

The only thing I find I can't do with Aspire is taping I have rigid taping on the machine but I was planning to use a drill path to mark the locations and manually enter the G code for taping to replace the drilling that is programmed. I am hoping Vectric will eventually add taping to Aspire.

I find using Aspire much faster than the conversational control and editing is also much faster. Right now I draw everything in Aspire and use the drawing and the node locations to then recreate all the vectors in the conversational control copying vectors or drilled holes is much more complicated and time consuming doing this on the control as opposed to using Aspire. I know my way around Aspire fairly well for what I do because I have been using it for years. I started using Aspire around version 3 and Vcarve before they had nesting.

Thanks Mike