Chinese laser post processor for Vcarve Pro

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Drifter
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD4 Extended

Chinese laser post processor for Vcarve Pro

Post by Drifter »

Long story short I picked up a used laser I ran across on Craigslist they where selling for parts. The only issue I have found with this unit is that the usb port they used to plug into the unit was loose, causing it to loose communication with their computer. They said it was stopping and locking up part way threw their parts and had purchased a new unit. I've ran quite a few files just downloading them to a zip drive and loading them on the machine without any issues so far. Rd works is the software that controls the unit, the files are an rd file. I'm looking for a post processor from Vcarve pro directly to the machine if possible. I haven't had much luck figuring out the manufacturer of the unit I've included a picture of the tag on the back of the machine. When I look them up some Chinese dating website comes up... :shock:
laser serial code picture.jpg
I tried uploading a file that ive cut on the unit but it says file not allowed

dwilli9013
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Self Designed Self Built

Re: Chinese laser post processor for Vcarve Pro

Post by dwilli9013 »

Don't know if this is of any help to you but I know there is development of a new controller going on for machine. Currently being crossed over to smoothieware board.
So it should be much more user friendly and upgradeable after that development is complete. Not sure of the timeline though. :lol: :lol:
Not a bad machine at all for the price you got it for. :lol: :lol:
Attachments
user_s_manual_of_rdc644xg_control_system.pdf
(718.7 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
D-Dub
Dwayne
Dwilli

Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Thanks for the reply :D

I was hoping someone had already come up with a post processor for this lol. Being lazy not wanting to learn another software program when I already know Vcarve pro and how to make it work with the laser attachment for my cnc. I've been able to use the laser machine tool control software and Corel draw to do most of what I wanted between YouTube and playing around with it they seem to have a lot of the same features they just call them different names than Vectric but defiantly not as user friendly as Vectric.

Drifter

Post by Drifter »

I contacted Vectric also on this. They had said that it's a DFX file and that laser machine tool control software uses. I could export it from Vcarve pro as a dfx file. Then open it in laser machine tool control software to assign the cutting parameters. It works perfectly:)