On the Fifth day of Christmas...

This forum is for general discussion about Aspire
RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

On the Fifth day of Christmas...

Post by RebeccaJ »

...My True Love (Vectric) sent to me, a Slot Together Reindeer Head! The fifth door of our 12 Day Advent Calendar is now open! The Reindeer head is the perfect talk point for any room! Not just for the holidays but all year round too!
To get the FREE project go to this link: http://www.vectric.com/vectric-12-days-of-christmas/
We’d love to see your versions of the free project! So remember to post what you have made! For those of you that use social media and want to share to the world your Christmas creations use the hashtag #VectricFreeChristmas

For those of you who are not using version 9 you can download the trial version to open all of the FREE projects we're giving away this Christmas!

Happy Making!
Attachments
reindeer_head.jpg
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

cusoak
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3D XXL

Re: On the Fifth day of Christmas...

Post by cusoak »

Hi I have the Rain Deer download and would like to cut it out.
But my trial version is Cut 2D So for me to be able to do so I need another piece of material, to cut the Antlers out of.
So would I be able to start another file and move the antlers to it. along with the toolpaths then. do the cutting.
Jeff

RebeccaJ
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Various

Post by RebeccaJ »

Hello Jeff,

Unfortunately you won't be able to move vectors and toolpaths over to a new session, what you could do is just run the profile cutouts toolpath and just de-select the other vectors to toolpath and run it from there.

Hope this helps.
Beki
Senior Application Engineer - Vectric Ltd.

DHDeitrick
Model of CNC Machine: Maverick 3 x 5

Post by DHDeitrick »

26" x 32" won't fit on my machine, but I was able by nesting the parts and then tweaking the nest just a bit to get all of the parts, including the test fit pieces, on to a 24" x 26" piece, which will fit on my machine. Will give it a go in the morning.

Have attached the file for anyone who is interested.

Thanks for the projects. Have learned much from your project videos.

Dave
Reindeer Head 24x26.crv
Reindeer Head nested on to a 24" x 26" sheet of plywood
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 119 times