EGX 30 Issues with EGX 300 post

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
gfacer2
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 5x10 ATC with Syntec MD controller

EGX 30 Issues with EGX 300 post

Post by gfacer2 »

Hi All,

I just picked up a used EGX-30 Roland engraver and while I have successfully set up the printer driver and outputted it directly from the mfg supplied Dr Engrave, I am not having any luck with Vcarve (I am using an old version 5.x that was on my laptop). When I attempt to output directly to the printer, the engraver goes in the wrong direction (away from where DR Engrave starts which is in the lower left corner). It travels up and to the right and then puts the machine in a Pause condition (which I assume is like an axis limit exceeded sort of error). I tried the pnc-2300 post too and it outputs the same code with the same results.

I also tried moving the XY origin position to the opposite corners but get the same result.

I feel I'm just missing something obvious.

gfacer2
Model of CNC Machine: Omni 5x10 ATC with Syntec MD controller

Re: EGX 30 Issues with EGX 300 post

Post by gfacer2 »

Hi - I'm bumping this. Must say I am a little surprised Vectric have not replied. Does anyone use an Roland egx-30 successfully with Vectric? I was playing with the post yesterday (plan to change the multiplier to a neg value) but very little to go on right now.

I'll open a ticket and see what happens though I prefer to use the forum where other users can see the results.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: EGX 30 Issues with EGX 300 post

Post by Adrian »

The forum is primarily user to user although Vectric do post on some threads. For an issue such as yours it's always best to go directly to support as the user base for Roland machines is small compared to the other machines in use by forum members.

Having said that if you do a forum search for Roland you will find some information that might be useful although it would seem that the setup of the machine itself is important and Roland need to help on that one.