Axiom Post processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products

Axiom Post processor

Postby Larry Stobbs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:48 pm

I bought a NWA HD4 extended that is a nightmare and I have requested Rockler to get the process started to return it. I see they sell the Axiom brand as well but it looks like the only post processor in Aspire is in mm instead of inches. Does Vectric have another post processor? If they don't what will happen if I use the post processor they have? This is probably the one thing I never thought about before but the CNC I have been using has post processors for both inch and metric so any explanation on this would be a help
Larry Stobbs
Vectric Craftsman

Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Re: Axiom Post processor

Postby Adrian » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:24 pm

Create a copy of it and change the line that says UNITS = "MM" to UNITS = "INCHES" not forgetting to change the name next to POST_NAME as well.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby Larry Stobbs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:28 pm

Not sure I understood that, what good does it do to just change the name? the file would still be the same and I am guessing that there is a difference or the other machines wouldn't show post processors for both inch and metric
Larry Stobbs
Vectric Craftsman

Postby LittleGreyMan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Larry Stobbs wrote:what good does it do to just change the name?

Larry,

Adrian didn't wrote you just have to change the name. Read his post more carefully, following this procedure will solve your problem.
Best regards

LGM

W7 - Aspire 8.517
LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis Charlyrobot & Mecanumeric

Postby Bob Jr » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:09 am

Larry,
Even though the Axiom pp says mm, it will run inch programs with no problem.
...really.
I demo the Axiom at our Rockler store.
Bob
hammer...nails...stuff
Bob Jr
Vectric Craftsman

Postby Adrian » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:13 am

Larry Stobbs wrote:Not sure I understood that, what good does it do to just change the name? the file would still be the same and I am guessing that there is a difference or the other machines wouldn't show post processors for both inch and metric

You missed the UNITS bit and you have to change the name in the PP otherwise you'll have two with the same name in the list and not know which one is MM and which one is INCHES.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Postby Larry Stobbs » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:28 pm

not sure what "line" I need to change, I have never had to do anything with a post processor before except to pick it out of a list in Aspire when I save a file. I have an email into vectric so maybe they can send me detailed instructions on how to do this. I have had such major issues with the HD4 not working and I am trying to figure out if the Axiom would work for me but I don't want to buy another one and find out I cant get the correct post processor. I appreciate the feedback but I don't have a clue how to modify one of those files
Larry Stobbs
Vectric Craftsman

Postby Adrian » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:10 pm

There's a guide to editing Post Procesors on the Help menu. They're just text files so you can edit them in any text editor such as Notepad, Wordpad etc. The lines you need to change are the ones I pointed out. The one that says UNITS and the one that says PSOT_NAME.
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Return to Post Processors