NEED HELP : BIESSE SKILL 15.36 G FT post processor

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
CDNbacon
Model of CNC Machine: BIESSE SKILL G FT / BIESSE ROVER 27

Re: NEED HELP : BIESSE SKILL 15.36 G FT post processor

Post by CDNbacon »

IslaWW wrote:CRV opened fine. Using your toolpaths, I posted this with the Biesse Skill G FT (ISO*) postP included with VCarve Pro. I didn't audit line by line, but for the most part the header reads the same as your posted ISO file.

I am attaching the file for you to look over, or load into the machine for an air cut to see if it returns any errors. I added the TXT extension to allow posting on the forum. Remove the ".TXT" before attempting to load.
The attachment IslaWW.ISO.txt is no longer available
Hey IslaWW... So i ran the file today and it did the same thing as mine... Showed up in Biessworks with only the geometry showing no sign of any tooling. Im attatching a screenshot from my machine today when trying to run your file.

1.) You will see that on the far left towards the top is the geometry from the part, normally the milling or drilling are below the geometries but there are none.

2.) On the right top of the image you can see the sheet with the part not even on the sheet, but thats irrelevant. The geometries are normally highlighted in blue if they are created correctly. They are not due to no tooling.

3.) On the bottom you will see the code... As you can see it doesnt look like gcode obviously but thats the biesse code.
And there are no tools/drills associated with anything there.

Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot-2016-12-05-18.32.19.gif

CDNbacon

Post by CDNbacon »

Adrian wrote:That PP is the same in Cut2D as it is in VCarve though.

Do the names of your tools in Cut2D match the names of the tools in the Biesse software? They have to match for it to pick them up.
Hey Adrian...Yes I named everything according to the naming convention on the Biesse machine. Every letter, case sensitive as well.
I have posted a link below from my previous post to IslaWW whos been patient in trying to help me out....and you too. LOL
His file behaved just as mine had...click the link and the details are there, let me know what yu think, look forward to your opinion or help of coarse.
Cheers Jason

http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... 01#p187901

I'll post the pic to here....
Attachments
Screenshot-2016-12-05-18.32.19.gif

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

They do seem very unusual in the way they work but there are a number of people on the forum who have got them working. The way it works is very alien to those of us with more "normal" machines though which is why you're struggling to get concrete help. On most machines you save the code, load it and press go. Job Done. On the Biesse it seems to involve multiple stages of other programs and naming conventions.

Probably the best thing is to try contacting one of the people who say they have it working directly to get the exact answers you need.

For what it's worth I think your problem is still to do with the association between the tools in Cut2D and the tools in the Biesse software. Most CNC software uses tool numbers which makes life very simple but I know from other threads the Biesse uses names instead. I know you say you've got them to be named the same but some threads say the tool name can't have numbers in it, others say that it must end in a % sign etc.

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

Round cut ham called bacon...
We have now traversed beyond my pay grade. I wanted to verify that there were no limitations using the Biesse post with Cut2D.

As you go forward with this remember that I used your created file with your toolnames to create the ISO file. Like Adrian says, others have got this working. Hopefully someone that has will chime in.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Post by ger21 »

Have you thought about calling Biesse? If you bought the machine new, you should be getting support with it.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

CDNbacon

Post by CDNbacon »

Adrian wrote:They do seem very unusual in the way they work but there are a number of people on the forum who have got them working. The way it works is very alien to those of us with more "normal" machines though which is why you're struggling to get concrete help. On most machines you save the code, load it and press go. Job Done. On the Biesse it seems to involve multiple stages of other programs and naming conventions.

Probably the best thing is to try contacting one of the people who say they have it working directly to get the exact answers you need.

For what it's worth I think your problem is still to do with the association between the tools in Cut2D and the tools in the Biesse software. Most CNC software uses tool numbers which makes life very simple but I know from other threads the Biesse uses names instead. I know you say you've got them to be named the same but some threads say the tool name can't have numbers in it, others say that it must end in a % sign etc.
Ya I'm gonna see what else I can do. Search more post and possibly contact some users. Thanks for the input though.. I appreciate it.

CDNbacon

Post by CDNbacon »

IslaWW wrote:Round cut ham called bacon...
We have now traversed beyond my pay grade. I wanted to verify that there were no limitations using the Biesse post with Cut2D.

As you go forward with this remember that I used your created file with your toolnames to create the ISO file. Like Adrian says, others have got this working. Hopefully someone that has will chime in.
I have to say thanks a lot you've really tried to help me out Gary. Thanks for being generous with your time.

Jason