I've searched and searched

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
capraun
Model of CNC Machine: Inventables X-Carve

I've searched and searched

Post by capraun »

Perhaps I'm not using the correct key words or search options.... I'm looking for a Post Processor for Photo Vcarve in order to send carve jobs to my X-Carve through Easel.
if I've missed something that was already posted, I apologize. I am already running VCarve Desktop on my system and successfully exporting G-Code to Easel, can I use the same PP file for PhotoVCarve?

any help is appreciated.

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: I've searched and searched

Post by Rcnewcomb »

- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Post by IslaWW »

capraun...
IF you cannot find a post for PVC, you may want to check with your machine mfgr or Vectric support.

If that doesn't pan out, copy the post you use from VCarveDT into the postP folder for PVC. Open PhotoVcarve. You will most likely receive an error message. Using the Editing Guide Randall links to above, remove the line, lines or section that returns the error. Save the post and reboot PVC. Repeat as needed. It may take multiple tries, but it will work.

The PostP editing guide is accessable from the help menu of VCDT. There is a section listing which commands are not supported by PVC.
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

capraun
Model of CNC Machine: Inventables X-Carve

Post by capraun »

Thanks much.

Per your guidance I've copied the Vectrics-Easel PP from VCarveDT to the PVC PP folder and calculated a toolpath and saved. I did not run into any errors while saving the toolpath, so I will push it through the Gcode sender this evening to see what comes out.

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Post by adze_cnc »

For the thread Randall linked to remember that the document on your computer is quite likely more up to date than the one linked in the post.

Steven

mservis
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Swift 4x4

Post by mservis »

Just email Vectric support they will send the information to you by email. I have a swift 4 x 4 from Luguna Toools and Photo v carve did not list it. They were quick to respond. But remember they are in a different time zone.