Masterwood Users - help with Atlas KL or similar?

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
dr_loco
Model of CNC Machine: Masterwood Atlas KL

Masterwood Users - help with Atlas KL or similar?

Post by dr_loco »

Hello, I have a 2004 Masterwood Atlas KL that I have recently completed getting up and running. The CNC requires the use of Masterworks 310 and has a CN12 controller. Does anybody have an ATLAS KL, a Project 416 or other similar equipment that they use in conjunction with Aspire or other Vectric software. I know there are post processors configured for Masterwood with Aspire but I believe they will still need to be modified. I don't have the time or experience to do this and could really use some help being pointed in the right direction.

My main priority is cutting some demo pieces and insuring all is working correctly. I am not planning on keeping the machine but selling/partial trade for something smaller. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

zohozer

Re: Masterwood Users - help with Atlas KL or similar?

Post by zohozer »

Hi. I worked myself with a Masterwood Winner 3.2 before, and I modified myself the default MW PP to adapt to the needs of that particular machine. I'm attaching my PP that I used, the Y negative is the one adapted to my machine. You will need to do some trial-error tests, also you will need to read the documentation from your machine regarding the GCodes, this way I wrote my PP, which it's not perfect but worked for my needs. Take into account that for my machine the Zero point was in Top-Left corner and not Bottom-Left as it is usual. Hope this helps.
Attachments
MW_Winner_3.2_Yneg.pp
(4.48 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
MW-Winner3.2_ATC_arc_mm.pp
(4.25 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

dr_loco
Model of CNC Machine: Masterwood Atlas KL

Re: Masterwood Users - help with Atlas KL or similar?

Post by dr_loco »

Thank you very much for your reply. I have made some progress but still have a glitch to work out so I am updating the thread. I am curious and will try your PP soon and let you know how it worked.

To update the thread... There are several Masterwood PP provided by vectric I wasn't aware of due to the different naming sequence. There is a generic "Masterwood arc inch" and there are "MW-P415 ATC, MW- P416 ATC" Nothing like asking for something that is already right in front of your face. I modified the "Project 416" PP to now say "VAR Y_POSITION = [Y|C|Y|1.2|-1]" this corrected a problem I was experiencing with arcs going in the opposite direction. I got that info from http://forum.vectric.com/viewtopic.php? ... masterwood forum post. That poster suggested a solution that also included a change to the Y_HOME setting. I was unable to notice a difference one way or the other with this second setting. Can anybody else help shed some light on that particular setting and if change is needed or not? I am concerned it affects a function I am not using or contributing to my other problem...

The X and Y axis are switched. When I run a program like the sample grocery list project, all looks like it is supposed to except the project is running the width (4ft) of the CNC not the length (16ft) of it.

I am also no longer planning on selling the CNC. I sure would like to find a forum to connect with more Masterwood users though.

Thank you. Any help would be appreciated.