Help with a post processer

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
tim mck
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Kimla CNC

Help with a post processer

Post by tim mck »

We are upgrading our old CNC to a new Kimla CNC . Standard 3 axis, metric and a tool changer. I have put a link for the machine. Now what and how do I go about getting the post processor changed in Aspire. I know how to select the different P/Processors and output, but its more to do with which and what one is the right one? Just looking for some one to point me in the right direction.
Tim

http://www.kimla.pl/en/produkt-52-Indus ... NC-plotter

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Help with a post processer

Post by Adrian »

It's the control software used to control the machine (Mach3/4, WinCNC etc) that is the important thing rather than the machine itself most of the time.

Do you know what control software it uses? If it's a proprietary one do you know if it's g-code based?

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

Hi,
From the manufacturer website wrote:In case of machining complex 3D shapes we can also use CNC ISO files which are generated by any CAM system, including circular interpolation, helical and circular 3D, as well as the operation of 5-axis machines with dynamic translation the path to the length of the tool.
Choose a standard ISO postprocessor, with ATC (automatic tool changer) and circular interpolation

Begin with air cut at slow speed, set the Z0 higher than the table, use simple test paths and be ready to push the emergency switch. If you can lower the speed on the CNC control panel, use this command to slowly increase speed from 0 to the toolpath value.

Beware of circular interpolation: if you are in the wrong mode (relative or absolute), your CNC may try to jump from one point to another one, far away.

HTH
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

tim mck
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tim mck »

Question,
Where will I find a ISO post processer?

Tim

LittleGreyMan
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 3 axis small size machine

Post by LittleGreyMan »

The ISO post processors are named gcode_something and part of the standard installation.

"Something" includes mm or inch, arc for pp with circular interpolation and ATC for automatic tool changer.

You'll probably have to edit them for your machine to combine ATC and arc and check if you're in the right arc mode.

Always work on a copy of the original pp.

No rocket science, but you'll have to be careful when you'll check it.

You'll find a pp guide in the help menu of your Vectric software.

HTH
Best regards

Didier

W7 - Aspire 8.517

tim mck
Vectric Apprentice

Post by tim mck »

Thanks for the help.
Tim