Multipass Issue wtih Multicam CNC

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
huez
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam

Multipass Issue wtih Multicam CNC

Post by huez »

Hey Everyone. First post here and i'm just after a little help.

My work recently purchased a second hand multicam router to cut out basic panels. I've been using vectric aspire for awhile on my own cnc but i'm having issues getting multipass to work correctly on the multicam.

In aspire i've been using the post processor "AXYZ A2MC (mm)". When i load the file into the supplied toolpaths software to send the file to the machine everything loads correctly and the program runs, BUT, if i set the multipass to to do 2 passes at say 6mm and then 12mm it will actually cut through to 12mm first and then move up and run the path at 6mm. It is basically working in reverse.

Is there something i'm missing in aspire or is there a line of code i can change in the post processor file to correct this? It's kinda doing my head in! If i use another PP "Multicam G Code (inch)" the program will run correctly but it never actually cuts the material, the Z lifts up higher then the material and basically does an air cut.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Re: Multipass Issue wtih Multicam CNC

Post by signmarketingman »

are you sure that is a multicam post processor?

I am not up on the post processors but AXYZ is also the name of a cnc router. IT looks to me like the PP you selected is the wrong one.

You may wish to scroll down to the multicam PP list to select one of those.

Then check your set up for the correct heights of material and safe Z and other settings.

huez
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam

Post by huez »

Hey thanks for the reply!
i was under the impression multicam and axyz machines are exactly the same. All the multicam PPs listed are not for ATC machines. Although maybe i can add the ATC code to one of the files that works?

NSchlee
Vectric Craftsman

Post by NSchlee »

Here's a Multicam PP with ATC that I use with no problems it was supplied by Vectric.

Neal
Attachments
MultiCam_Plt_ATC_inch.pp
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 317 times

GraClay

Post by GraClay »

Huez, the USA Multicam has no modern connection to AXYZ at all but did in the early days. The "AUSTRALIAN" Multicam on the other hand uses the AXYZ controller software and therefore uses the same Post Processors.
Please clarify which country your Multicam is from and if it's an Oz machine I may be able to help you. If you are unsure then post a pic of the machine. If its an Oz machine please also clarify the year of manufacture and whether or not it runs A2MC or AMC controller.

CCS Router Ops
Model of CNC Machine: Multicam 3000 / AXYZ 7012

Post by CCS Router Ops »

Huez, I actually have BOTH types of machines that I use here in our shop. I have to be very careful on the days when I am programming for both tables to make sure that I am outputting for the correct PP. My big table is a Multicam 3000 (ca. 2014/US) and has a 12 tool ATC, 36' pendular bed (meaning that I have essentially 2 tables with one spindle---think volume production) and my other table is an AXYZ 7012 (ca. 2000) (which is my back up machine/ former production machine). Both are great machines but I have noticed that the vectric software writes different code than the EnRoute software that my boss bought with the Multicam. I typically use Vcarve Pro for smaller runs or for parts that I need absolute control over and the EnRoute for larger parts and production runs.

The biggest problem that I'm having using the VcarvePro on the Multicam is that it returns to the home position after each tool change. The other problem is that where the programs written with the EnRoute software tend to "brake" or slow down when coming to a direction change the same program written with VCP does not so I worry about the wear on my x & y drive motors. Anyone at Vectric have any tips or solutions?

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Post by 4DThinker »

We have a Multicam 3000 and I use the Multicam Gcode (inch) pp. The Muiticam controller doesn't need anything but tool number to initiate a tool change and this PP passes that info along fine.