Laguna IQ-Pro

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Flankmanoman

Laguna IQ-Pro

Post by Flankmanoman »

Does anyone know about this: I have a Laguna IQ Pro with a B&R control unit. It was advertised as: "Will work with any CAM package". I use Solidworks 12 and Mastercam X6. You guessed it, it doesn't! I had to purchase Aspire software. They have a post for the Laguna. I love the Aspire software, but the CAM toolpaths for 3D are not always correct. Does anyone know of anyone who has done a PP that will work from MasterCam to the B&R controller? :?

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: Laguna IQ-Pro

Post by Leo »

Well Solidworks is not CAM unless you have the SolidCAM module.

I don't know what the laguna language looks like but if it is g-code it should be pretty generic - and the fanuc post from master can may be a workable post. Not sure if Master cam posts are configurable.

What did you find on the Aspire not working correctly?
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

PaulRowntree
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: homebuilt 4'x2' (Mach3+G540)

Re: Laguna IQ-Pro

Post by PaulRowntree »

Flankmanoman wrote: Does anyone know of anyone who has done a PP that will work from MasterCam to the B&R controller? :?
Have you posted this on the MasterCam or CNCZone forums ?

Weird : when I use google with 'mastercam forum' search, most links get highjacked to a 'Buy internet meds from Canada' site
Paul Rowntree
WarpDriver, StandingWave, Topo and gadgets available at PaulRowntree.weebly.com