Help choosing correct post processor (Kosy3)

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
gixxxer
Model of CNC Machine: Kozy3

Help choosing correct post processor (Kosy3)

Post by gixxxer »

I have a Kosy3 CNC machine and I'm completely new to the world of machining and I need help getting the correct post processor in Aspire or creating one for my machine. I have read the "how to create own post processor" document but I just don't understand how to do it.

So here are some specifics that the Kosy3 uses:

Code rules:
The CNC-Code for KOSY is based on DIN/ISO 66025. Within this norm there are some rules for KOSY:
- The code word consists of a letter (G or M) and a 1- or 2-digit number from 0 to 99
- The code word has to be repeated at the beginning of each line
- Line number are not allowed
- Values of feed F may not stand alone in one line, but must be put at the end of a command for a moving

Some examples:
G00 X10 Y30
G01 Z-1
G2 X20 Y30 I5 J0 F100

Circles:
With circles and arcs the distances to the middle have always to be given completely and relative to the starting point, e.g.:
- G02 X20 Y30 I5 J3

Range of values:
As for any other CNC-machine, there are also limits for the values of our Coordinate-System KOSY:
- Values for feed F from 1 to 250 (corresp. to ca. 0,5 to 25mm/sec), some machines have higher values
- Values for coordinates from -9999.99 to +9999,99 mm, i.e. max. figures incl. special signs = 8.
- The max. number of decimal places is free as long as there are no more than 8 figures on the whole. They are always rounded to 2 decimal places. In our normal version KOSY can only place itself in 1/100mm

Some expamples:
G01 X22.12 F100
G01 Y-15.7

G00 X33.123
G00 Y-55.008

Additional commands and lines at the beginning of a program
At the beginning of a CNC-program 2 documenting lines are obligatory, with any contents, e.g. date in the first line and name of the editor in the second line

At the beginning of a CNC-program the following commands are necessary:
Switching on the spindle e.g. Universal spindle at relay 6:
M10 06.1

Switching on other relays, e.g. high-frequency-spindle at relay 2:
M10 02.1

Reference-run to the endswitches:
G74

Additional commands at the end of the program
At the end the following commands should be given automatically:

Switching off the spindle e.g. Universal spindle at relay 6:
M10 06.0

Switching off other relays, e.g. high-frequency spindle at relay 2:
M10 02.0

There is ready made post processor in Aspire named Kosy Arcs (mm) (*.knc) but if I try to run my machine with this, it comes with errors at some point in the run.

So if someone knows ready-made postprocessor in Aspire that I can use, that would help a lot. There are just so many processors that it would take forever to go trough them all to find out 1 that works for my machine.

All help is appreciated