Trying to test my machine, but cant load PPs

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Kyle@tojo
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna 60120 ATC

Trying to test my machine, but cant load PPs

Post by Kyle@tojo »

Hello. My name is Kyle and I am a brand new forum member. I work at a shop that is running VCarvePro on our Laguna 60120 ATC Router. We are looking into getting Cut3D to aid in our business so I downloaded the trial and played around to get an idea of the interface. Since we can't save I deleted my file and attempted to send one of the test files to my CNC (brilliant idea) But I have a problem. We use 2 PostProc for our router (Laguna SmartShop, Laguna Continuous) and have a toolset. The problem is that I cannot load either of those into the trial, so I cant send it to my machine to see if the 2 are compatible. Does anyone know of a work around or way to do this? I emailed the Vectric support email account 3 times in the past couple of weeks with no response. I just want to know if I have a way to test my machine before buying the added software. Thank you for any help you can give

Kyle

Tojo Inc
http://www.tojoinc.com
Laguna 60120 ATC
VCarvePro
Vectorworks 2013

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Re: Trying to test my machine, but cant load PPs

Post by zeeway »

Not sure I fully understand your comment...but just to make sure. If you load up one of the sample parts that comes with the trial, you could toolpath it with tool #1 (to avoid using the whole toolset), and when you go to save the toolpath file, THEN select the Laguna post processor form the list, then save it...load it on your machine and give it a try.

From your comments, I thought perhaps you were trying to load the post processor separately from the toolpath.

Angie

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Kyle,

I am afraid that we do to appear to have received any emails from you.
You mention that you already have VCarve Pro running in your shop,I presume that this is
registered to a different email address than yours?

I will send you an email to the email address that you have signed up to the forum with,
if you could reply to that, we will try to help.

Cheers,

Mark.

Kyle@tojo

Post by Kyle@tojo »

Zeeway.
Not exactly. I go to try and save the file for testing, but the Laguna PPs are not in the drop-down menu. I wanted to load the PPs so that I could select it. But I cannot add it to the drop-down in the trial version.

Is that more helpful?

Kyle

Mark,
The product is registered to my boss. Thats probably why there is no record.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

I am pretty sure you need to put the post processor in through the application data folder.

I don't know how the trial versions work.

The folks at Vectric are the most helpful people in this beautiful blue planet.

Mark from Vectric posted some comments and you should contact him for help.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

Kyle@tojo

Post by Kyle@tojo »

Thank you all for your help. Mark has been working with me and I am nearly there.

Kyle@tojo

Post by Kyle@tojo »

SUCCESS!!!

Yes thats right, Mark was kind enough to take the PPs that I emailed him and edit them for Cut3D. Mark and Vectric customer service strike again.

Spread the word, that Laguna's PPs work with Cut3D and now that I have the edited versions for that software package if anyone needs them I will gladly share.

Thanks again to Mark and everyone at Vectric

Eric Criscitello
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna Smart Shop II ATC

Post by Eric Criscitello »

[quote="Kyle@tojo"]Zeeway.
Not exactly. I go to try and save the file for testing, but the Laguna PPs are not in the drop-down menu. I wanted to load the PPs so that I could select it. But I cannot add it to the drop-down in the trial version.

Is that more helpful?

Kyle

I'm have the same trouble as Kyle
I run Vcarve Pro7 and it has my PPs which is Laguna Smartshop II BR ATC. However in Cut3D I don't find any Laguna PPs. Is there a way to load them? I can not find any info on how or where to do this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle@tojo

Post by Kyle@tojo »

Eric,
I don't know if their will work, but here is the PP I was given and have been using. I hope it works for you

Kyle
Attachments
Laguna_SmartShop_ATC_inch_Cut3d.PP
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 249 times