Omnitech Spectra

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Hansonbuilders
Model of CNC Machine: Omnitech Spectra

Omnitech Spectra

Post by Hansonbuilders »

Does anyone have a working post for this machine?

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Omnitech Spectra

Post by Adrian »

Looks like those machines use the Syntec controller so you may find the Syntec Arcs ATC(inch)(*.tap) (or it's metric equivalent) will work.

Obviously any testing should be done with one hand on the emergency stop button and the tool well away from the table surface.

Hansonbuilders

Post by Hansonbuilders »

Thanks, I tried the Syntec post and had a similar result. I edited the omnitech post and got it outputting code that looked right but it still wouldn't run. It looked identical to code I output from alphacam that runs fine on my machine. I contacted tech support a week ago and they asked me for some sample code that worked on my machine. I sent it to them and haven't heard anything back yet. I was told that they are really good at helping with post processors but I haven't seen that yet. What is the normal process for integrating this software with a router? The other two programs that I run were set up for me by the manufacturer. I don't have any computer programming background so I am just trying to figure my way through this.

Hansonbuilders

Post by Hansonbuilders »

I got it working. It took some tweaking on the post but the main issue was an extra pair of parenthesis on the tool name giving my controller trouble.