CNC Processor request - Willing to pay!

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
3bridge

CNC Processor request - Willing to pay!

Post by 3bridge »

Hi we have a Ruiji CNC machine which uses standard Gcode. It works on the standard Gcode post processor in Vcarve but it seems to cut some things out of sqaure and not quite right. Is there anyone i can get to write a post processor for my machine to work perfect on vcarve?

Cheers Dan

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: CNC Processor request - Willing to pay!

Post by Adrian »

Are you sure it's the Post Processor that's the problem?

Still seems like a machine/feed rate issue to me from your previous posts. Have you tried cutting directly rather than using VCarve?

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 36

Post by mrmfwilson »

Doesn't sound like a post processor problem to me either. Create a few squares and look at the code to see if it is outputting the correct numbers. If it is, your x and y axis are probably not perpendicular. If they are not, you could manually align them or use Paul Rondtree's Warpdriver program to fix the alignment in the code.

3bridge

Post by 3bridge »

Ok it seems that if i cut a sqare via 1 cut only it is perfect, if i do multiple passes it cuts is like a parallelogram_...

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

3bridge wrote:Ok it seems that if i cut a sqare via 1 cut only it is perfect, if i do multiple passes it cuts is like a parallelogram_...
If you are only cutting a square - the code is easy to check.

If the code is going to the same XY coordinates but ONLY at different "Z" level - then thet is clear proof that there is nothing wrong with the post. THEN - it is also clear that there is a machine issue.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

mrmfwilson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Arty 36

Post by mrmfwilson »

Sounds like something is loose or you have a backlash problem.