Homag Weeke MPR

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
TimmyCCC
Model of CNC Machine: weeke vantage

Homag Weeke MPR

Post by TimmyCCC »

Why does this post not support toolchanging?

Brent C
Model of CNC Machine: Weeke BHC-350 / MulitCam SF48

Re: Homag Weeke MPR

Post by Brent C »

I know...I've complained too. It's really Weeke's arrogance at issue, not Vectric. I've suggested (to Vectric) a dxf post that would solve all of these issues including drill block function. A properly layered DXF out of Aspire would import into WoodWop as a full functioning MPR using Weeke's own BPP post. I wish someone would listen.

Brent

TimmyCCC

Post by TimmyCCC »

Me too!!

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: weeke bhp200

Post by 4240harold »

Count me in on this too
I have been in contact with Vectric and was able to get the Software engineer, from weeke/woodwop to speak to them , I think they now have the relevant info,
Although this was in December past, but still have heard nothing back from Vectric, hopefully something will come from it,
I use vectric daily and it is brilliant ,until sending files to machine, when it becomes a bit of a pain.
thanks Harold
vec

ssflyer
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRSAlpha 96x60

Post by ssflyer »

Not sure if this will help, but I recall some earlier posts concerning a dxf post. I just don't have any more info on it...
Ron Sloan

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

These are the ones Ron means. Not sure if they'll help either but here you go anyway.
Attachments
DXF (inches).pp
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
DXF (mm).pp
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 706 times

TimmyCCC

Post by TimmyCCC »

So do you guys save a mpr and a ply for every tool for every project? I'm new to Aspire but it seems like a lot of files for 1 project.

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

I only save 1 mpr file for each job, this is the first tool I am going to use, then save it as a ply file and call it the same name,I then save the rest of the tools as ply files ,you have to make a note of which tool num relates to which ply file as the tool num is not srored in the ply file.
I then transfer the mpr file and ply file by memory stick from pc to the cnc,The mpr file is the pasted into the mp4 file and the ply files are pasted into the ml4 file,The mpr file can now be opened in woodwop,it will have the ply file in it ,I now set the depth to @0 and put the appropriate tool num in
The remaining ply files are then brought in one at atime by clicking on the router symbol and you will see a symbol which is best described as looking like a mouse hole,then click on the small binoculars icon and search for the ply file put in depth and tool num,click the green arrow to accept, repeat for remining files
depending on how file was save in aspire sometime it comes in in the wrong postion,this is usually fixed by putting x position as L/2 and Y position as W/2
hope this helps
Harold

TimmyCCC

Post by TimmyCCC »

Thanks Harold. That makes sense.

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

Thank Adrian for posting
but are these different postprocessors than what is already available and if they are where are , which file are they to be put in?
And if they are not is there any hope of getting a proper one ,if this was possible it would make Aspire so much more usable.
I was cutting some simple square shapes yesterday from an aspire file and the wood went on fire, this was because I cant control the feed speed,
I know I sound like a moan but this is a long outstanding issue ,which I had hoped would have sorted after the Software man from Weeke had contacted Aspire, otherwise a really superb product

thanks Harold

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

I put them up in reply to the 2nd post here rather than as a replacement for the existing PP.

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

thanks Adrian
Without meaning to sound cheeky ,is there any answer to the second question?
Thanks Harold

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

No idea. Ron mentioned the DXF processor in, I presume to help with the DXF export issue, and I attached it.

Having thought about it if all that is required is a layered DXF when not use the Export command from Aspire to create the DXF? The Post Processor won't create layers but the Export will.

4240harold
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 4240harold »

Hello
Just trying to get the homag postprocessor moving, in this thread dated 30 aug 2010 you had asked if we could get info from weeke,
This info has been supplied, back in December, so is it possible to from this to get a postprocessor that wil support ATC and feed speeds etc
Thanks Harold

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Post by Mark »

Hello Harold,

We did receive some information back in December and I have been in contact since then
and (just) received some more information with regard to an improving the current Weeke post processor.
I did explain in my emails that it would not be a quick and easy job to add the features that you have asked
for.

Cheers,

Mark.