Post Processor for SCM Record 121

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
mihainovac
Model of CNC Machine: cnc, my self build

Post Processor for SCM Record 121

Post by mihainovac »

Hello all , and thanks for this great forum and vectric team.I want to use VCARVE 6.0 on SCM Record 121.
I have bee working for now just with *. dxf file and converted into PGM in Xilog Software.
Is ther a post processor for my cnc machine? Its an old machine , but in pristine condition and i love to work with Vcarve.
Especting any ideas for improving my work with this machine.
Lower is two picture presenting G-code
Thanks in advance

http://mjwoodworking.co.uk/wp-content/u ... -large.jpg

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Post Processor for SCM Record 121

Post by Adrian »

There is a Post Processor with VCarve called "SCM Xilog ISO (mm)" that looks like it generates code exactly the same as the example you posted.

If you download the VCarve trial (presuming you haven't already) you can generate the code for the sample files using that Post Processor and have a look yourself.

When, and if, you're satisified that the code is correct you can try it out on the machine.

mihainovac

Post by mihainovac »

Thanks for reply.
I know that pp called "SCM Xilog ISO (mm)" , but its not working.The machine used program called XILLOG 3Routolink.
Wen i try to open the file save by Vcarve with *.pgm extension , its show the folowing screen (see picture).
I dont know what to edit , and when i try to enter the grafic mode its give me an error.I also share 2 links with the pgm file to see for yourself the g-code.
First link its called vista cafe2, and its saved from Vcarve with SCM Xilog ISO (mm) post processor.
The second one its called hellen , and its a program thats work normally on my CNC.

http://www.filedropper.com/vistacafe2

http://www.filedropper.com/hellen

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Try renaming the vista cafe2.pgm file to vista cafe2.xxl

The Xilog software expects text files to be in xxl format and binary files in pgm format from what I can see in posts from people with similiar problems.

mihainovac

Post by mihainovac »

Its not working.Operation is not permited.Is working if i converted de xxl file in to pgm file inside Xilog program.But is the same, if i make the dxf conversion in Xilog in to pgm.Those two conversion inside Xilog its working, but i have to chek every line of program for errors.
I dont know why the pgm file that was generated by vcarve is not recognize by Xilog software.
If you or, enyoane else want.i can share a link with my Xilog software to try it yourself.

[link removed]

Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Post by Adrian »

Sorry that's as far as I can help really. From what I've read in other posts you have to convert it as you're doing.

Type "Xilog" into the search box at the top of the page and you'll get the other posts and you might be able to contact one of the users who have got it working for further help.

It's also worth doing a similiar search on CNCZone as others have posted similiar issues there as well.

sacoj
Model of CNC Machine: Routech 120

Post by sacoj »

Hi ther i have a record 121 too...
Im using dxf files converting in xilog, but need to install in other pc because the is connect to cnc broken down....
But i lost my routolink instalation and your link is no long avaible...
Cant you post another link please?
Thanks