Possible postprocessor?

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Nappy1
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Techno LC4896 CNC ROUTER

Possible postprocessor?

Post by Nappy1 »

I don't know what is entailed, but it would be great if I could get a postprocessor for a Refine MH721 vinyl cutter. It is the same as a Roland PNC1000.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Do you have a sample file that we can look at?

Tony

Nappy1
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Techno LC4896 CNC ROUTER

Postprocessor

Post by Nappy1 »

I'm not sure what I have.( i know it sounds stupid)
The files are sent to a" production manager" its like a seperate program that sends the file to the cutter. It seems to act like a printer because if I mount the pen attachment it will plot or draw the lines.
I will try to save the file and attach it.

1BigPig
Vectric Craftsman

Post by 1BigPig »

Nappy1,

Are you using FlexiSign? They have a "production manager" program that spools the HPGL to the vinyl cutter.
If it is Roland PNC1000 compatible, it is straight forward HPGL. Try the MultiCam_PLT_INCH.pp post processor. If that does not come out exactly correct, I will break out my Roland PCN-1000A manual and see what the exact commands are, but it might be a while trying to find that thing. It has been YEARS since I have looked at that manual.

Bruce

Wemme
Vectric Wizard

Re: Possible postprocessor?

Post by Wemme »

Nappy Did you Get this going in the end?
Regards
Bart
Nappy1 wrote:I don't know what is entailed, but it would be great if I could get a postprocessor for a Refine MH721 vinyl cutter. It is the same as a Roland PNC1000.