error in Mach3

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
zoltan
Vectric Apprentice

error in Mach3

Post by zoltan »

I generated a file with Photocarve and imported in Vcarve. I have generated the toolpaths in Vcarve PRO with ATC arcs, but Mach3 stopped with error msg as there is a wrong number format. I regenerated the toolpath with ATC w/o arcs and it worked on Mach3. I tried to install ATC and ATC arcs posts in Photocarve. ATC was accepted but for ATC arcs Photocarve issued an error msg. I would like to use ATC arcs when generate toolpaths with Vcarve, but I am constrained by Photocarve, may I do something to fix it?

Thank you,

Zoltan

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hello Zoli,

It sounds like there are a couple of issues here.

1. PhotoVCarve files only contain G01 line moves and no circular arcs so there's no
benefit in being able to use the Arc postp from VCP in PhotoVCarve.

Also, PhotoVCarve only calculates and saves a single toolpath so again there's no
benefit from using the Auto Tool Changing - ATC - postp from VCP.

Once a PhotoVCarve toolpath has been imported into VCPro you can use the
Mach2/3 ATC Arc postp to save all the toolpaths into a single file.

2. There is a slight problem with outputting extremely small arcs from VCPro
and this has been fixed for version 4.0 which is planned for release in May. In
the mean time I have e-mailed you a modified Mach postp that resolves the
problem.

I hope this helps,

Tony

zoltan
Vectric Apprentice

Post by zoltan »

Thank you Tony. You are really a GREAT person with an unseen customer oriented atitude. The problem was not the benefit of Photocarve. It was about the fact that I saved the toolpaths in the same file based on ATC arc postp which gave me the error in Mach3. I am using ATC because I am changing (manually) the tool and arc because its more acurate or it seems to me.

Thank you again.

Zoltan